Epi Dot Gas...AGAIN

thom

• Members

I've been fighting my es-335 gas for as long as I can remember. Seems like a nice noob geetar that would also serve well as a pretty usefull addition to the humble arsenal of "back-ups".

Epiphone-Limited-Edition-ES335-Pro-Ebony

I'm sure you've heard of it, I probably missed a thread about it when it came out...it's an "Epiphone ES-335 Pro". Improved pickups are the only non-cosmetic difference with the regular version afaik.

I've always been able to restrain myself because of the fugly large headstock and the lack of neck binding, which impo is a detail that makes any gibbo look a zillion time nicer:)

So here the 300euro price tag (for VS finish), the supposedly nicer pu's, and the nek binding/inlays... make up for the yucky oversized headstock:)

I'd want an ebony one though, any germans here maybe know where I can find a black Epi es-335 pro for 300Euro or less?

Cheers.

• Members

I'm sure you've heard of it, I probably missed a thread about it when it came out...it's an "Epiphone ES-335 Pro". Improved pickups are the only non-cosmetic difference with the regular version afaik.

I've always been able to restrain myself because of the fugly large headstock and the lack of neck binding, which impo is a detail that makes any gibbo look a zillion time nicer:)

So here the 300euro price tag (for VS finish), the supposedly nicer pu's, and the nek binding/inlays... make up for the yucky oversized headstock:)

I'd want an ebony one though, any germans here maybe know where I can find a black Epi es-335 pro for 300Euro or less?

Cheers.

I actually don't like neck binding on guitars. Much prefer the feeling of wood against the fingers. Ebony ES-60s are pretty hard to find now, there's not the number of them out there that there were two or three years ago.

Ebony Epi Dots can usually be found for

• Members

These new Dots look like winners to me. I like the Sheraton II even more though. For some reason the ornate inlays in the headstock look cool on this model. But the Dot is business in my book.

• Members

Thom you have more gas on this forum then anyone else lol

No way, I do?? I only remember lusting for a goldtop Les Paul Deluxe a while ago, which was way out of my price league. Actually, everything is over budget right now, which is why I'm now limiting my bidget to whatever I'll get for my mim '60s tele.

Tokai AS-60: Very nice indeed. Assuming the overal quality is roughly the same as that of the epiphones, the better looking headstock makes up for the lack of neck inlays. Too bad they seem unfindable in the EU:(

• Members

These new Dots look like winners to me. I like the Sheraton II even more though. For some reason the ornate inlays in the headstock look cool on this model. But the Dot is business in my book.

Agreed. The ornate inlay actually makes the ridiculously huge headstock look better.

Archived