What effects should NOT go in an amps effects loop???

• Members

And why?

Would fuzz in an effects loop destroy the universe? I'm using a Fender Blues Deville 410. I figure if my entire pedal chains were in the effects loop then the amps overdrive would be first. I assume the same thing for the spring reverb on the amp. And if that is the case, then i imagine my fuzz would do crazy things to the onboard reverb.

I'm having trouble with a guitar part that i use the amps overdrive for. I have my Spring Theory in a momentary effects loop, but being before the amps overdrive means it get's compressed and has a less dramatic effect when engaged momentarily. If i just move the reverb into the effects loop, then it will {censored} around with my effects order.

I figure i either have all effects in the effects loop, or a buy a separate low-medium gain overdrive to run at the front of my chain, and i just forget the amps overdrive altogether.

Anywho.

• Members

time based effects for effect loop. also make sure that they are at the correct signal level for your specific loop. I bought my amp bc of the effects loop and never use it now. extra cable length kills tone

I did the same. run it all through the front!

• Members

Try it in the loop, and see what happens. Can't hurt. May not sound great, but it can't hurt. The one thing I will say is that your fuzzes could act as a boost more, since they won't just be pushing the front end of the amp if they're in the loop.

Personally, I tried putting my pedals in my effects loop, and I quit after a few days. Just doesn't sound right to me. It's like it makes everything too "clean" if that makes sense. I guess I like my delays with some dirt to them.

Archived