The Dear Hunter and Anthony Green

komodo117

• Members

Just saw them last night in Pittsburgh. Holy {censored}. Totally blown away. HIGHLY suggest catching them on this tour if you haven't already. The Dear Hunter alone was worth it, but when they started backing up Green, things got pretty magical. I can honestly say I never listened to either much before last night, save for a bit of some Circa Survive, but I am a changed man. If you've got any kind of groovy prog-rock flowing through your veins, you'd be wise to make it out to one of the remaining shows in the next couple weeks. These dudes know how to rock.

That is all.

• Members

I saw Circa Survive a few years ago, but I really went to see Dredg who was opening for them. Dredg came out and played one of the most amazing sets I've ever seen. It was seriously like a religious experience, and I wasn't even that big of a Dredg fan before the show. But the scenester kids around me weren't that into it.

Then Circa Survive came on and it was good, but IMHO didn't come close to the level of performance or musicianship of Dredgs' set. But of course all the scene kids were really into it and they got all the cool light show effects and confetti cannons and such.

It kinda felt like Circa Survive was Dredgs' spoiled little brother. Dredg was better, but Circa Survive was younger and more doted upon so they got all the cool toys.

• Members
I saw Circa Survive a few years ago, but I really went to see Dredg who was opening for them. Dredg came out and played one of the most amazing sets I've ever seen. It was seriously like a religious experience, and I wasn't even that big of a Dredg fan before the show. But the scenester kids around me weren't that into it.

Then Circa Survive came on and it was good, but IMHO didn't come close to the level of performance or musicianship of Dredgs' set. But of course all the scene kids were really into it and they got all the cool light show effects and confetti cannons and such.

It kinda felt like Circa Survive was Dredgs' spoiled little brother. Dredg was better, but Circa Survive was younger and more doted upon so they got all the cool toys.

You know, I keep hearing about Dredg and have yet to actually listen to them. :lol: Gonna check them out latorz.

From the three times seeing Circa live, I can say they're either absolutely fantastic or unfortunately tame, and that usually rests upon Anthony Green (not saying the instrument-bearing members aren't awesome, cuz they are). He has a ton of stage presence and charisma, but if he's not feeling it that night, you miss out. Though I did miss out on confetti cannons :lol:

• Members

You know, I keep hearing about Dredg and have yet to actually listen to them.
:lol:
Gonna check them out latorz.

From the three times seeing Circa live, I can say they're either absolutely fantastic or unfortunately tame, and that usually rests upon Anthony Green (not saying the instrument-bearing members aren't awesome, cuz they are). He has a ton of stage presence and charisma, but if he's not feeling it that night, you miss out. Though I did miss out on confetti cannons

I don't know I didn't think it was that tame, I just wasn't feeling it as much. It kind of paled in comparison to the awesome performance before them.

Their stage production was pretty nuts though. They had screens of white LED's behind the band, confetti cannons, and they also dropped confetti from the ceiling during the encore.

• Members

I heard a Dear Hunter song and thought it was Coheed at first.

Yeah I looked them up on YouTube before I went and I thought the same thing.

Just downloaded all of their stuff and their earlier albums seem a bit lacking. Some cool stuff here and there, but not in the abundance of whatever newer stuff they played last night. They grooved the {censored} out of the place, with lots of lovely delay-soaked guitar solos.

Can't say I like Anthony Green's solo stuff much either, but I think last night was his first show The Dear Hunter as his backing band, and it was absolutely fantastic. Should have bootlegged it. I'm kicking myself for not bringing my recorder. :facepalm:

And the whole place smelled like the most glorious barbecue I've ever come across. I've never had a rock concert make me so hungry.

• Members

Saw that same bill and thought exactly the same thing. Circa was good, but dredg had a flawless set.

• Members

Agreed.

Archived