Collapse
No announcement yet.

Umm, Jagstang?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the topic of mangled Fender offsets, has anyone ever played a Squier Super Sonic? I've always thought they looked quite cool.

Comment

On the topic of mangled Fender offsets, has anyone ever played a Squier Super Sonic? I've always thought they looked quite cool.

They've always reminded me of a left-handed Jazzmaster with right-handed JM / Strat hardware and setup, and humbuckers. Not bad, but not my favorite Fenders / Squiers of all time either. They only made them for a couple of years, so I don't think there is all that many of them out there. The folks who have them seem to like them... I don't see them come up for sale all that often. I've never played one, so I can't really comment in terms of their sound, build quality and playability - sorry.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

They've always reminded me of a left-handed Jazzmaster with right-handed JM / Strat hardware and setup, and humbuckers. Not bad, but not my favorite Fenders / Squiers of all time either. They only made them for a couple of years, so I don't think there is all that many of them out there. The folks who have them seem to like them... I don't see them come up for sale all that often. I've never played one, so I can't really comment in terms of their sound, build quality and playability - sorry.

I think they're ugly in a more pleasing way than the Jagstang, seems like one of the more interesting oddities to be found in Squier's vaults.

Comment

I much prefer the shape of the Super Sonic over the Jag-Stang too.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Kurt liked Mustangs; he was heavily influenced as a guitarist by Steve Turner of Mudhoney.

"I'd venture to say Kurt wasn't "happy" about much of anything..."

You'd be wrong.
            https://soundcloud.com/danhedonia

Comment

I love my Super-Sonic. It's a great playing guitar with a very slim neck. Here's a pic of it. My only regret is that I didn't find one of the arctic white ones.

—-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

I have a blue sparkle one and it is good.

but Blakemore, get in here and talk about your supersonic if you havent sold it yet. here's a pic of his.

Originally Posted by Caesar

Funny, I just sold my HOG for $420 on ebay. It's a great pedal, but, much like my brain, I only used 10% of it's features.

Originally Posted by TravvyBear

After many pickup/guard swaps, I thought refinishing it blue would make it sound the best.

Comment

I love my Super-Sonic. It's a great playing guitar with a very slim neck. Here's a pic of it. My only regret is that I didn't find one of the arctic white ones.

Now this is hot! Very nice!

- George Carlin

Comment

Got bored and photoshopped my own Jaguar Mustang mash up.

Surprising how similar the bodies look if you put the hardware of one on the other.

I would so buy that guitar. Looks like a great idea. Hope someone at Fender sees that.
                    Mittenfields New album, Optimists, out on iTunes or Bandcamp.

"Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? At this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?"

Comment

I would so buy that guitar. Looks like a great idea. Hope someone at Fender sees that.

would be fairly easy to build for under $600 if you want to do it
                      FOR SALEBruno Royal Artist 12 string hollowbody $525Tapco 6000R spring reverb mixer

Comment

Man, I'd love to have a left-handed Super Sonic with right-handed hardware setup.
                        http://myspace.com/hotmessization
                        http://brochu.bandcamp.com

- SPAM -
                        Fender HRD White Lightning - Limited run of 800 - PM me
                        Two Celestion Seventy 80 speakers - 16ohm - $100 for the pair

Comment

I may just send that to someone at Fender. I've got it saved on my desktop as woolyh-Mustang-Jaguar mockup.jpg

Seriously, I think it looks great too. It would be perfect for the Pawn Shop series.

- George Carlin

Comment

Just came across this oddity, it's like a Jazzstang

Originally Posted by RoboPimp

doesn't everyone have a psychedelic dungeon?

Cool people : Tengo, jah_vengeance, Supernova9, scott_tele, 21rush12, HeartfeltDawn, Kaz2550, Kayzer, daysofspeed, kpd78, RoboPimp, jrkirkish, WAWBanks, PerFusionist, Pointer, wiklund87, tubezipper, Foamoi_refreshe, melx, JRBain, arcaneaether, Barnaby, Hardly, strtdv, sh333, RadioSilence, deftoneboy, Poltergeist, Snufkino, Mogwai, Soapbars, fuzzface71, JDE and loads more...

Comment

http://www.wutzdog-guitars.de/inventory/inventory-details/article/1967-fender-jazzmaster/

It's a modded / one-off, done by someone other than Fender. While it's an interesting and seemingly cool guitar, IMO, for them to call it a "1967 Jazzmaster" is extremely misleading, even if they explain themselves in the fine print. The guitar itself appears to be a modified '67 Duo Sonic, and it has far more in common with that model than with the Jazzmaster. The body and neck are still Duo Sonic parts, despite what the replaced headstock logo says. In fact, other than the logo (probably a reproduction) and the pickup, and maybe the witch hat knobs, the rest of it is all Duo Sonic II. Even the replacement bridge is far more similar in design to the Duo Sonic bridge than a Jazzmaster's.

Still, it's an interesting guitar - thanks for posting it.

- George Carlin

Comment

yeah, that would be infinitely better than some of their pawn shop series.. maybe with a VI body though?

Youtube Pedal Vids
                                For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
                                ToneFactor Nebular - £40
                                Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
                                Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

Working...
                                X