shorter tremolo bar for jazzmaster

• Members

it goes up past the center of the pickups. if its in my hand I really can't hold the pick the way I am used to holding it and strum comfortably unless I strum up by the neck. I can use the trem with my wrist but I lose some degree of control, I could practice until I get used to this or get a shorter bar and put it in my palm. Also this guitar seems to sound best strummed close to the bridge more than in the center making it even more difficult.

• Members

I'm surprised nobody else has had this problem, am I just using it wrong?

I've never had the problem, and I hold the vibrato bar most of the time I'm strumming. I don't have it in front of me right now, so I can't tell you exactly how, but I think I don't grip the very end of it. Maybe look at some videos of other people playing the jazzmaster's bar on youtube and see if it looks like how you're doing it. If nothing works, buy another trem bar and try melx's suggestion. It couldn't hurt to try.

• Members

but....but.. how do you pretend to be Kevin Shields?

I may be alone on this but I can,t stand Kevin Shields. I do enjoy Swervedriver a lot when I saw them I noticed the tremolo bar rarely left Adam Franklin's hand. also strummed vibrato is used a bit in surf.

• Members
I've never had the problem, and I hold the vibrato bar most of the time I'm strumming. I don't have it in front of me right now, so I can't tell you exactly how, but I think I don't grip the very end of it. Maybe look at some videos of other people playing the jazzmaster's bar on youtube and see if it looks like how you're doing it. If nothing works, buy another trem bar and try melx's suggestion. It couldn't hurt to try.

I wasn't gripping the end, but the end just seems to be in the way I will check some videos though thanks

• Members

Man, I MISS that long trem bar! I am now playing a Fernandes which has the shorter, strat-style trem and I hate it. Almost impossible to hold it while strumming. The Jazzy trem just fells so natural.

So, anyone know of a LONGER, Jazzmaster-style trem bar for that would fit a strat-style bridge?

For the OP, just saw off what you don't need and apply a non-threaded tip. Done!

Archived