Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shorter tremolo bar for jazzmaster

Does anyone know of a tremolo bar for the AVRI jazzmaster that is a few inches shorter I can't strum properly with the the stock one unless I am strumming almost at the base of the neck.
    thanks

Comment

then the threads for the knob would be gone.

Comment

The tip is pressed on. No threads.

Comment

no its threaded. I unscrewed it before I posted.

Comment

I've got an AVRI...how are you having this problem? It's free floating right?
            yep

Comment

Donate musical instruments to inner-city kids.

Comment

Oh yeah. I forgot the AVRI used screw-on tips. I don't know. You could order a StayTrem upgrade and saw it off. Those have press-on tips.

Comment

it goes up past the center of the pickups. if its in my hand I really can't hold the pick the way I am used to holding it and strum comfortably unless I strum up by the neck. I can use the trem with my wrist but I lose some degree of control, I could practice until I get used to this or get a shorter bar and put it in my palm. Also this guitar seems to sound best strummed close to the bridge more than in the center making it even more difficult.

Comment

thats weird...a design flaw on a jazzmaster

Comment

I'm surprised nobody else has had this problem, am I just using it wrong?

Comment

I never use the vibrato while I'm strumming. I use it to punctuate phrases/lines and for flourishes.

Comment

I never use the vibrato while I'm strumming. I use it to punctuate phrases/lines and for flourishes.

but....but.. how do you pretend to be Kevin Shields?

Comment

I'm surprised nobody else has had this problem, am I just using it wrong?

I've never had the problem, and I hold the vibrato bar most of the time I'm strumming. I don't have it in front of me right now, so I can't tell you exactly how, but I think I don't grip the very end of it. Maybe look at some videos of other people playing the jazzmaster's bar on youtube and see if it looks like how you're doing it. If nothing works, buy another trem bar and try melx's suggestion. It couldn't hurt to try.
                            This MH -2 does not face the person in search of a beautiful thing such as the new article.
                            A lamp goes on and off at the time of on and off.
                            It works perfectly as much as it is surprised to be an old model.
                            As for the thing 30 years ago, it can't think of it.
                            -stagecostumejpsantabo, ebay scribe

good deals w/ Cadd99, jmgruber, onerailunder, bass_econo, hangwire, TweedBassman, letsgocoyote, bhmcc, pepperduck, Jumbo Fuzz

Comment

but....but.. how do you pretend to be Kevin Shields?

Hey. Behave.
                              Good deals: papersun, ETI, Sondeladick, RoboPimp, Baxandall, Hangwire, bHz Econo, stratedge09, Blakemore Effects, Goodhonk, Macadood, Subsauce, Shoe Pedals | TGP: cooptone, pedalfrenzy

Originally Posted by IRG:
                              "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

Working...
                              X