MAD PROFESSOR GOLDEN CELLO!!

snorter

• Members

Wanker playing aside, that sounds fantastic. I thought the idea of the pedal sounded dumb, but that pretty much does EJ in a box.

I can only find this @ GC?? Is this a joke?? I have an email from them about it being in stock there. Well, close enough to try I guess!!

• Members

I'd probably like it if it had external pots instead of the trimpots for the important stuff. It def sounds good though

Good point!! I remember MI Audio putting external trimpots on their stuff. I'm afraid that I will like it & buy! :lol: There are more expensive hobbies I suppose though!

can't watch the demos right now, but i read phil's review. you get two parallel delay times?

Yes, but they're both controlled by the other delay controls. IOW, you can't have one softer and one louder, or one with longer tails than the other. It really sounds best with both delays set to the same time value, although the thought that someone will come along, intentionally "mis-set" them and do something musical and cool with it dialed up "wrong" did cross my mind as I was working on the review. :)

As far as the external pots, as I said in the review, it's not a substitute for a full-featured delay pedal; consider the delay as a bonus, or as a essential component to "that sound."

Looks like its basically a Sweet Honey and a Deep Blue in one. Looks cool.

The folks at Mad Professor told me that they used one of their overdrives as a starting point, but then modified and changed it considerably for this pedal. I'm not sure specifically which OD they based it on though.

• Members

Yes, but they're both controlled by the other delay controls. IOW, you can't have one softer and one louder, or one with longer tails than the other. It really sounds best with both delays set to the same time value, although the thought that someone will come along, intentionally "mis-set" them and do something musical and cool with it dialed up "wrong" did cross my mind as I was working on the review.
:)

As far as the external pots, as I said in the review, it's not a substitute for a full-featured delay pedal; consider the delay as a bonus, or as a essential component to "that sound."

i'm obviously thinking about setting them at different times, but if it sounds best with them set at the same value why have two? is it so the delayed signal has a slight doubling (like ADT type deal)?

• Members

I believe they did it that way for improved headroom.

Does it come set from the factory with the trimmers @ random or pre set? Cause, It would be cool to just use the outward knob for the mix & not even deal with the trim pots. It sounds THAT good. Of course Dropping that delay/mix knob is cool as well as you can keep that OD tone & use a seperate delay should you choose. This is a win!!

Archived