Sovteks in the UK

DsHr

• Members

This year I may be moving to the UK to study and I started wondering how to go about getting my stuff there. I have a Sovtek MIG100 head here which I really like, but sending it there seems, well, pricy, so I thought of selling it and buying a new one in the UK. I can get fot it something like

• Members
This year I may be moving to the UK to study and I started wondering how to go about getting my stuff there. I have a Sovtek MIG100 head here which I really like, but sending it there seems, well, pricy, so I thought of selling it and buying a new one in the UK. I can get fot it something like

• Members

Very unlikely. They basically never come up for sale over here anyway, but it's almost a dead certainty they'd sell for a fair bit more than that.

Seconded. You could get a different *amp*, but I don't fancy your chances of it being a Sovtek. I don't think I've seen one since the days they were selling new over here, and those days are loooooooong gone.

• Members

Seems you cou?d get a good deal on some other amps over there. Old Marshalls are cheaper, as are laneys and maybe hiwatts and some others. Buy a couple of those for cheap, spend the extra cash to bring them home on the plane with you and sell them back here. Win win. Get the best one of your choice for cheap and make some money off the others.

• Members

Seems you cou?d get a good deal on some other amps over there. Old Marshalls are cheaper, as are laneys and maybe hiwatts and some others. Buy a couple of those for cheap, spend the extra cash to bring them home on the plane with you and sell them back here. Win win. Get the best one of your choice for cheap and make some money off the others.

I dunno about that. Yeah, those old amps might be cheaper and a little more common in the UK than the US (or Russia, where the OP's from), but that doesn't mean they're cheap, or common. You'll still need some serious cash in your back pocket if you want to get yourself an older example of any of the well known UK amp brands.

With a

Archived