Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: SUNN Model T shootout (vintage vs RI)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: SUNN Model T shootout (vintage vs RI)

My Recording Studio / Lessons:
    http://www.gregsguitarlessons.com
    Check my commercial for online lessons / studio work!

soundcloud | youtube | last.fm | facebook | twitter | my venue

i kinda dig that re issue too. . . .
    sons of SUNN

pedlolboard
    skullytone fx living dead drive > russian spi sanford and sonny bluebeard (((in triphonic))) Red*bear mk120 > 68 sunn 200s > ampeg v2 > your earpussies

good tranny shared with Severed Pumpkin MakuseruSukotto theAntihero X2 Dr. Doom Shamdog Bobby D Noise. . . Ancient X2

Comment

reissue not worthy of the Model T name
      Current Gear:
      1x12 tube combo amp (for sale).
      Emperor 4 x 12 (2 x Weber 65s, 2 x Weber Axis (Fane Clones))
      Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, Gibson Explorer, Gibson SG, Fender Telecaster

DunwichAmps.com

dunwichamps@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/DunwichAmps

Comment

Nice, cool demo man. I wish I had craploads of gear to play with too
        Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

Thanks for that! Been waiting for this one.

Comment

reissue not worthy of the Model T name

pull off badge? lolol

i ****************in want a model T so bad but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
            sons of SUNN

pedlolboard
            skullytone fx living dead drive > russian spi sanford and sonny bluebeard (((in triphonic))) Red*bear mk120 > 68 sunn 200s > ampeg v2 > your earpussies

good tranny shared with Severed Pumpkin MakuseruSukotto theAntihero X2 Dr. Doom Shamdog Bobby D Noise. . . Ancient X2

Comment

pull off badge? lolol

i ****************in want a model T so bad but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

yea i hear ya. It be about 1500-1600 for a custom clone so its not cheap either way plus they are super gouged on the evilbay
              Current Gear:
              Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus, Gibson Explorer, Gibson SG, Fender Telecaster

DunwichAmps.com

dunwichamps@gmail.com

Comment

Nice job! Can't believe it took this long for someone to actually do this
                Good Deals: duderanimous, lostgoonie, chakosh, emptyparadigm, LSDis4me

Comment

Woah, that RI is INSTANT Russian Circles.
                  VHT | Reeves | Fender

Good transactions

Comment

This is awesome! Thanks for the demo man. The Russian Circles fanboy in me instantly fell in love with the Reissue, though I agree completely that it should have a different name. Even the chuggy, heavy gain part sounded good though personally I would use less gain.

Comment

I actually prefer the sound of the reissue.
                      Phil O'Keefe wrote:You can never have enough cheese, son. Write that down.gear.

Comment

yea i hear ya. It be about 1500-1600 for a custom clone so its not cheap either way plus they are super gouged on the evilbay

1500 for a clone thats new or 1500 for the real thing that prolly needs a ****************ton of work? pisses me off. i miss being able to pick up sunns for 500$ (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
                        sons of SUNN

pedlolboard

Comment

uh.....just out of curiosity, how long has it been since a re-cap on that orig?

I played thru an original Model T back in the 70's and it sounded nothing like that.
                          Blind Doc Jones' Pickles....Cures What Ails Ya

Comment

Why did they stop production on the RI? Please explain this to me. Whats the deal with these amps?
                            I teach Guitar through skype. I'm affordable. Check it out here. http://jesses-skype-guitar-lessons.weebly.com/

Comment

1500 for a clone thats new or 1500 for the real thing that prolly needs a ****************ton of work? pisses me off. i miss being able to pick up sunns for 500$ (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

yea i have seen people try to sell them for 1500 thats a bunch of lolololololzzzz. I could do a custom clone anywhere from 1500 to 1800 depending on which iron set some1 wants to use. Very important for that amp. I would add 2 more controls, Shift (variable slope resistor on the tone stack) and a SLO style depth in the feedback loop
                              Current Gear:

DunwichAmps.com

dunwichamps@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X