Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Blues deluxe??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blues deluxe??

I got an offer in a trade or my peavey.

I was considering the hot rod deluxe but hadn't considered a blues deluxe.

Tell me what's up.
    Test Tech Wattson Classic Electronics<br><br>EL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

I bought one in 93 I think. Still have it. Nice sounding amp for warm cleans.

Comment

i suggested a blues deluxe in your other thread. iow, up yours.

Comment

I have a 410 Blues Deville, and my housemate has a 112 HRD in Tweed. They sound practically identical to me.

I figure the Blues Deluxe would be the same and only offer one gain stage, and foot-switchable reverb. That's what sold me on the Blues Deville. Although the Spring Reverb isn't as deep as most other Fenders i've tried.
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Great dealings with <i>theinteriorleag</i>!</div>

Comment

I've never been a big fan of the Hot Rod Deluxe, the Blues Deluxe is nice, try before you buy.
          <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you.</i></div>

Comment

Oh yeah I remember the blues deluxe having ****************ty reverb.

But I have ample pedal reverb so I'm set.
            Test Tech Wattson Classic Electronics<br><br>EL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

The Blues Deluxe is a good amp for cleans IMO. Definitely worth considering, depending on which Peavey you're going to be trading for it.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Blues Deluxe is solid. Not a small or quiet amp though. The one issue I had with mine is the quick volume jump, from 0-1 quieter, 2-3 loud, 4-10 more loud. So maybe you can adjust the volume taper. I had a small volume pot pedal in the effects loop to sort of work as an auxillary volume control which helped some. I didn't like the dirt tone that much, but the cleans are nice, and it takes pedals well.

Comment

it's a nice amp if you're not set on using amp distortion.

Comment

Blues Deluxe is solid. Not a small or quiet amp though. The one issue I had with mine is the quick volume jump, from 0-1 quieter, 2-3 loud, 4-10 more loud. So maybe you can adjust the volume taper. I had a small volume pot pedal in the effects loop to sort of work as an auxillary volume control which helped some. I didn't like the dirt tone that much, but the cleans are nice, and it takes pedals well.

That seems standard with Fender HRD's, and the Blues models. I remember hearing that it's because the volume pot isn't linear, or something along those lines. But i don't really know. I'd definitely prefer it had a smoother increase.

The reverb though isn't ****************ty. Still sounds great! Just not as extreme. I wasn't too fussed by that either. I use the amps reverb for more basic sounds, and if i want crazy, super-splashy spring reverb i just use my Spring Theory.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">Great dealings with <i>theinteriorleag</i>!</div>

Comment

I don't use amp distortion persay, I boost the **************** out of it and use overdrive.

It's smaller than my 4x10 classic 50. And lighter.

Comment

They all can definitely benefit greatly from a proper linear volume pot. And with all of those I think it's pretty easy to swap out for a larger/better reverb tank if you don't like the stock. Personally I'd just go all out and find a good deal on a Silverface Twin if you want cleans and killer reverb. Just get a backbrace if you plan on gigging with it.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you.</i></div>

Comment

I think he is trying to retire his backbrace by flipping his 410 Classic 50 for a lighter amp.

Comment

Eh, go big or go home.

But yeah, if that's the case a Twin ain't the answer. I guess for me having lugged around a Twin and a HRD the Twin was worth the extra weight. Too bad there isn't a lighter 1x12 version of the twin. Maybe there is, I just haven't found it yet.

Comment

Actually, and I know he has a trade offer, but if you're looking to downsize why not a Classic 30? Or are you wanting to get away from EL-84s?

Comment

Working...
                              X