Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend me a versatile distortion pedal for my blues junior amp.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a versatile distortion pedal for my blues junior amp.

I enjoy playing heavy crunchy marshall british high gain stuff, classic rock, metal, overdriven blues black crowes kinda stuff. Indie rock.

I had a DS1, but tonally I didnt like it. I had an MI Audio Crunch Box. Sounded good, but it was too much a 1 trick pony.

I'd like something more versatile with the tones.

Nothing too expensive fancy/boutique. Under 2 bills. Something that works well with my tweed blues junior.

My main and only electric is a stock 50's squier classic vibe strat.

I love me a PRO CO RAT.

Originally Posted by IRG:
    "reunula speaks the trooth"

Comment

MY buddy had a blues junior and a Fulltone OCD. can get all of those tones. he loves it and I admit it really does sound great. He plays single coils as well. I say give it a go. The joyo ripoff of the OCD is pretty sweet too if you want one for 1/3 the price haha
      Stuff I make: The Wood Wizard

Originally Posted by DunwichAmps

only ****************in sounds good at bedroom level

Originally Posted by assface jackson

**************** in his mailbox, finger his wife/daughter/grandma/butler. Show no mercy. VALHALLLA!!!!

Comment

****************ing fulldrive all up in this shiiiiiittttttt
        Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

I enjoy playing heavy crunchy marshall british high gain stuff, classic rock, metal, overdriven blues black crowes kinda stuff. Indie rock.

I had a DS1, but tonally I didnt like it. I had an MI Audio Crunch Box. Sounded good, but it was too much a 1 trick pony.

I'd like something more versatile with the tones.

Nothing too expensive fancy/boutique. Under 2 bills. Something that works well with my tweed blues junior.

My main and only electric is a stock 50's squier classic vibe strat.

Rat

Here it is with a DS1 for comparison...

I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

FD2 sounds great with the BJ. Can't go wrong with a RAT either. If you didn't like the DS-1 the RAT is the next step IMHO.
            Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you.

Comment

FD2 sounds great with the BJ. Can't go wrong with a RAT either. If you didn't like the DS-1 the RAT is the next step IMHO.

Everything about this is correct and factual.

I'm so proud of everyone in this thread. Rats and fulldrives. Mah boiz.
              Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

I think the FD2 lost a lot of favor over the years, partly because things like the Tim/Timmy came out and partly because Fuller is kind of a dick to a lot of people, but hot damn my orange FD2 sounded amazing with the BJ. I just recently got a RAT and don't know how I lived without one for so long. And I will stand by the awesome, yet narrow minded DS-1 till the end of time. But the RAT does the same thing and more.
                Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you.

Comment

Keymaster huh? I'd like to run some tests if that's ok.

Plus one for a Rat. It might not quite take you to metal territory, but you could always stack it with something.
                  Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?

Comment

Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?

Comment

Our courteous and efficient staff is on call 24 hours a day to serve all your supernatural elimination needs.

Comment

We

Comment

Another vote for the Fulldrive, it sounds good with the Blues Jr.
                            "Me and a book is a party. Me and a book and a cup of coffee is an orgy."
                            - Robert Fripp

Comment

It sounds insanely good.

Comment

Working...
                              X