Vintage guitar shopping in DC and surrounds

ChrisFFTA

• Members

Someone who knows better will chime in...but there's a guitar store in small town just outside of Arlington I think....It's amazing. Like guitar store heaven....{censored} tons of all the coolest vintage guitars/amps you could want...incredible choice of effects. I just cannot for the life of me remember the name....

Like I said, someone will chime in, but whatever you do, make sure you go there.

• Members

Atomic Music is in College Park, well away from Arlington/Crystal City. Great store though. I think mhuxtable is referring to Action Music in Falls Church. It can be hard to find as it's off the main road. See
http://www.actionguitar.com/

This post is spot on /, Atomic is perfect if your trying to save some money and don't mind buying a "used" guitar or road worn pedal, Action is where you want to go if you want to buy a "vintage" guitar or want a huge selection of booteek and vintage pedals. I highly recommend both, but they are opposite ends of the spectrum.

Oh and welcome to the Area :wave: even if its only for a bit.

• Members

Crystal City here. Haven't been here long enough to give you tips on shops, but as far as concerts, events and cool things to see, get a copy of City Paper.

It's like a Village Voice style alternative weekly that you can pick free at vending machines throughout the DC metro area.

• Members

Well, {censored} good thread. I'm going to DC next week

If your bored on Friday night (aug 3rd) my bands playing the Black Cat (14th and S, NW DC) and i def suggest you check out Action Music, great place!!!

• Members

If your bored on Friday night (aug 3rd) my bands playing the Black Cat (14th and S, NW DC) and i def suggest you check out Action Music, great place!!!

Go to this show if you're in town. My band played with his band a while back at the Black Cat. Good stuff.

Black Cat is one of the main clubs in town. Rock and Roll Hotel is another good one, though can be a bit harder to get to, depending on where you're coming from. Those two are the main ones for regional/national touring indie bands (with some locals, such as next Friday)

If you're out in Arlington at all, Iota and Galaxy Hut often have good shows, though Galaxy Hut just has music on Sundays and Mondays. But they have great beer, and isn't that what really matters?

I wish there were more good guitar shops around here. But Action and Atomic are both good ones.

• Members

Go to this show if you're in town. My band played with his band a while back at the Black Cat. Good stuff.

Black Cat is one of the main clubs in town. Rock and Roll Hotel is another good one, though can be a bit harder to get to, depending on where you're coming from. Those two are the main ones for regional/national touring indie bands (with some locals, such as next Friday)

If you're out in Arlington at all, Iota and Galaxy Hut often have good shows, though Galaxy Hut just has music on Sundays and Mondays. But they have great beer, and isn't that what really matters?

I wish there were more good guitar shops around here. But Action and Atomic are both good ones.

Thanks my friend! You guys arent so bad yourselves!!! Agreed on the venues, he hit the nail on the head right there.

I also agree that we need more good guitar shops around here, the music scene is booming and guitar center loses customers everyday around here which leaves only action and atomic, or our horrible horrible local craigslist.

Archived