Cincinnati tips? Will be there this weekend.

hangwire

• Members

Just wondering if there any good used effect pedal shops in cincinnati/Newport, ky area- or any don't miss places to visit/eat at that are indicative of what is good about this city. I don't have a lot of free time, so stuff open Saturday afternoon to Sunday 1pm and in that area can be considered this time

Right now an architectural/historical riverboat cruise and a museum of some type are listed as possibilities.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I live in Cincinnati, playing a show Sat night.

Depends on what food you like for my recomendations.

{censored} the chili. We have a ton of gourmet burger joints that are outstanding.

As far as pedal shops you don't have much to chose from. There is a place off Vine in Cinci or a new one in Covington called Mikes Music http://www.mikesmusicohio.com/ that sells some sweet vintage gear and such, but if I want pedals from a shop I drive to Lexington or Louisville.

• Members

Any of those 2 would be a spot to snag an older DOD ?

Food wise wife is vegetarian and unless there is something special about Cincinnati burgers, please throw out sonething else you can recommend, even a great breakfast or lunch place would work great :)

• Members

Older DOD's are possible there, but I don't know what the stock is currently of stuff, haven't been in in awhile.

Breakfast places - Sugar n Spice (whispy thin pancakes, sweet potato waffles...mmm)

Bluebird Resturant (dive joint)

Grand Finale

Half Day Cafe

My favorite lunch/sammich place is Melt, it is Vegan/Vegetarian as well as some meats (also has breakfast)

Pizza I really enjoy Adriaticos

Mexican food but delish would be Nada

There are a lot of Indian/Thai places all over as well.

The BonBonerie Bakery & Cafe for any desserts, or Aglamesis Bros for ice cream. Also, for froyo there's Yagoot.

If you want to browse ratings/reviews, feel free to check out http://cincinnati.metromix.com/

However my 2cents, defintely hit Melt. Also, if it is open and you want to go to the Farmer's Market and walk around or buy some organic stuff or whatever, check if Findlay Market is open in OTR. I've never been , but a lot of people rave about Bakersfield OTR for food as well.

• Members

Sugar and spice and melt are on the list
:)

Are they near downtown/ ballpark area or the music shop?

S&S is about 10 from downtown, Melt possibly 10 as well. Music shop is about 5 from downtown.

• Members

Zip's Cafe has a great burger. Literally ranked.

As far as pedals go, I have no idea. Like BTBAM said, the better shops really are in Lousiville and Lexington. Actually a new one just opened up in Morehead, KY where I went to school and they carry all kinds of {censored} apparently (pedal-wise anyway). It's two hours from Cincy, but they have Blackout Effectors, EQD, TC Electronics, etc. It's called Hot Rod's Guitar Shop. Again, it's a bit of a trek so I don't know if you can fit it in.

• Members

Shadeau Breads schnecken (on Main) is supposed to be as good as the old Virginia Bakery; its a heart attack in a pastry!

Graeters Choc/Choc chip was good in the day, in a Turtle Sundae.

Cincinnati, in general, sucks though

• Members

Places to eat at that are better than Skyline: pretty much everywhere.

But, specific places:

1. California Orange Bar...and then walk down the river and enjoy the view

2. Servatti's for a fantastic sammich 'n soup lunch.

3. Izzy's

• Members

Shadeau Breads schnecken (on Main) is supposed to be as good as the old Virginia Bakery; its a heart attack in a pastry!

Graeters Choc/Choc chip was good in the day, in a Turtle Sundae.

Cincinnati, in general, sucks though

Gross, Graeters blows.

• Members

Eat Skyline, just because it's what you're supposed to do. You will love it or hate it, there will be no middle ground here. I love it, but I get the coneys instead of the spaghetti stuff.

As far as other eating places - Montgomery Inn is supposed to be delicious barbeque (never been though), and Terry's Turf Shack was on Food Network for their burgers, which are fantastic. Haven't been to a ton of other places since we are usually busy visiting family while we are there.

The history museum is pretty cool, it's in the old train station which is a Frank Lloyd Wright building. I was up there to visit the in laws recently and they had a super rad Pompeii exhibit. The art museum is much better than expected as well.

• Members

Eat Skyline, just because it's what you're supposed to do. You will love it or hate it, there will be no middle ground here. I love it, but I get the coneys instead of the spaghetti stuff.

As far as other eating places - Montgomery Inn is supposed to be delicious barbeque (never been though), and Terry's Turf Shack was on Food Network for their burgers, which are fantastic. Haven't been to a ton of other places since we are usually busy visiting family while we are there.

The history museum is pretty cool, it's in the old train station which is a Frank Lloyd Wright building. I was up there to visit the in laws recently and they had a super rad Pompeii exhibit. The art museum is much better than expected as well.

Montgomery Inn is well known here, true, but ribs are not the best. Good food though. The salad with house vinaigrette is wonderful, as are the pork chops and wings.

Out of the burger places I mentioned eariler, Terry's is by far my favorite, followed by Arthurs, Zips, Gordos, Habits, Flipdaddys. If your lady is pescatarian I think there is a crabcake sandwich/burger or something at Terrys. Flipdaddy's does have a few veggie burger options as well, namely a portobello burger (or probably just sandwich)

Don't eat skyline...there really isn't anything to it. If you are coming to Cincinnati, my favorite coney/chili place is Dixie. There are a lot over on the KY side of the bridge. Gold Star does offer Vegetarian chili/coneys though.

Last weekend was a busy weekend here. World Choir Games were wrapping up, as well as Bunbury Music Festival, Italian Fest over in Newport, and the Reds games.

• Members

Zip's Cafe has a great burger. Literally ranked.

As far as pedals go, I have no idea. Like BTBAM said, the better shops really are in Lousiville and Lexington. Actually a new one just opened up in Morehead, KY where I went to school and they carry all kinds of {censored} apparently (pedal-wise anyway). It's two hours from Cincy, but they have Blackout Effectors, EQD, TC Electronics, etc. It's called Hot Rod's Guitar Shop. Again, it's a bit of a trek so I don't know if you can fit it in.

Holy {censored} another person on the forum from Redfox. Hope you're not underwater! :p

• Members

Montgomery Inn is well known here, true, but ribs are not the best. Good food though. The salad with house vinaigrette is wonderful, as are the pork chops and wings.

Out of the burger places I mentioned eariler, Terry's is by far my favorite, followed by Arthurs, Zips, Gordos, Habits, Flipdaddys. If your lady is pescatarian I think there is a crabcake sandwich/burger or something at Terrys. Flipdaddy's does have a few veggie burger options as well, namely a portobello burger (or probably just sandwich)

Don't eat skyline...there really isn't anything to it. If you are coming to Cincinnati, my favorite coney/chili place is Dixie. There are a lot over on the KY side of the bridge. Gold Star does offer Vegetarian chili/coneys though.

Last weekend was a busy weekend here. World Choir Games were wrapping up, as well as Bunbury Music Festival, Italian Fest over in Newport, and the Reds games.

My bad, it was Dixie that I went to. Whichever one has the 6-ways.

• Members

GAB is a great ballpark too. We had a hotel on the other side of the bridge and just walked to the games.

One of the games started at 3 but it was crazy rain and lightning so it was delayed. We just walked back to the hotel, got really drunk, and played MTG until it cleared up. :thu:

Archived