MewithoutYou - Ten Stories

mhuxtable

• Members

Anyone else get this album yet??? I just got the box set in the mail...holy {censored} so {censored}ing good. I'm so glad they actually made another album.

If you haven't heard it...its a concept album telling the story of a number of circus animals who escaped after the train transporting them crashed.

Not only are their grooves solid, guitars are sweet as hell, healthy dose of interesting effects, but Aaron is probably one of the best lyricists of our time. Not to mention they are all probably the most genuinely nice people I have ever met.

Promo video thing:

nI-ZDwDsxWw

• Members

i dont think this band is well loved. i dont get the douche chills at all though.....maybe because i've followed them since the beginning & know how genuine they are? :idk:

you might like earlier material for context? here's one song from each album in chronological order....they've made quite the progression:

sTgAzRovhWk

TihaUBjvN7k

SMd35tfCiXQ

_ZEX6w3-KbE

but really it is hard to capture their progression....their albums are very much "whole works" if that makes sense...

• Members

i know i'm always the negative nancy about well loved bands but listening to this band gives me douche chills faster than you can say stream of consciousness.

{censored}ing lol'd everywhere

just sad i turned off the streets for this :/

• Members

Definitely gotta check this out. I've got the first few albums and got to see them perform a few times, and even got to eat some pizza with them once, but I guess I kinda fell of before the last album. Certainly interesting stuff and not your run-of-the-mill alternative stuff. Fantastic performers as well.

• Members

I wasn't supremely into the newer stuff but this seems like they're going back to the intensity of Foxes which I love. Aaron is probably my favorite lyricist off all time too.

agreed about Aaron's lyrics....I'd say this is closer to Brother, Sister....or more accurately, a combination of Foxes & It's All Crazy...

Archived