Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calling all stompbox brains... 'Delayed' Overdrive?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all stompbox brains... 'Delayed' Overdrive?

So I don't even necessarily know what to call it, but I'm sure everyone know's what I'm talking about (or trying to)

I would love to have an OD pedal that slowly drives my signal after I click it, for a really dynamic build. For maybe like 2 seconds. Is there a term I could be using to be current, and does it exist?
    Buy my RP150!

Good deals: ShredHeadJHJ, bennintexas, 9520575, coloringpad, H.P. Lovecraft

I think what you want is a slow gear (or equivalent) into an overdrive. That or a volume pedal so you can swell at your own pace every time.
    Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

Hmm, Boss GT series with an 'internal pedal' assigned to drive and activated from the ctl pedal etc....
      Selling:

Mini mixer £25 posted. Good size for pedalboards.
      EHX 24v DC adapter £12 posted
      Dual momentary footswitch £20 posted.
      Telecaster 3 way switch and vintage jack socket. £5 posted

Excellent dealings with AncientMariner, Chucknorris1982, Daysofspeed, Kurd01, Melx, SirLemonHead, and a few of others I can't remember. . .

Comment

an OD with an exp. in linked to the gain would do that, albeit manually. I only know of the toneczar pedals having that though, which is $$$.
        we could be dangerous: art, as a real threat

Comment

DOD Swell Pedal + an overdrive pedal would do this. The swell has to be triggered by your foot, though. For a while, I used mine for a controlled feedback, it worked great because it slowly ramped the gain up as the note was dying out.

I sold mine to a forumite who promptly flipped it for a big bucks.

Of course the Swell Pedal and Boss Slow Gear are out of production. There's a slow gear clone in kit form out there, and Pigtronix makes the "Attack Sustain" which I know nothing about.
          This space left intentionally blank.

Comment

Imagine this:

An external bypass box where you would hook up an existing pedal (overdrive, etc) into the loop. There would be three controls: level, entrance time and exit time. Level would control the initial blend of the dry signal and the effected signal. When the switch is activated, a microcontroler would turn a digital pot at the speed the entrance control is set at, effectively turning a blend control for you. Exit speed would be the same thing but the time it takes to blend back to the initial setting.

I should probably try coding this when I get home
            Love,
            Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

i remember something about an envelope controlled effects loop, and it having something to do with devi
              anyone know what i'm talking about?
              soundcloud.com/nonlocality
              nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

Depends what you want from it. With GT units you can set the rise time and it will rise regardless of your dynamics and without the need for expression pedal.
                Selling:

Mini mixer £25 posted. Good size for pedalboards.
                EHX 24v DC adapter £12 posted
                Dual momentary footswitch £20 posted.
                Telecaster 3 way switch and vintage jack socket. £5 posted

Excellent dealings with AncientMariner, Chucknorris1982, Daysofspeed, Kurd01, Melx, SirLemonHead, and a few of others I can't remember. . .

Comment

Just put a volume pedal before a dirt... a good dirt that has lots of dynamic range. At a certain volume it will be clean, and as you ramp up the pedal will start to drive.

Don't over complicate things.
                  Benjamin Allison

Check out my latest album, We Enter the Dark Room, Alone
                  http://roestudios.com/

Comment

i remember something about an envelope controlled effects loop, and it having something to do with devi
                    anyone know what i'm talking about?

are you thinking of the toadworks enveloope maybe?
                    {O,O}
                    (__(\
                    " "

Comment

i don't remember it looking like that but it is exactly the type of thing i'm talking about so thanks!
                      soundcloud.com/nonlocality
                      nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

There was an akai overdrive pedal a few years ago that had a built in expression pedal. Also, with the line 6 m series pedals, you can assign an expression pedal to the drive knob of an overdrive sim. To have it trigger off an envelope, you need some kind of swell pedal approach, like described above.
                        deals with: -Juggernaut-; Shooto; CicadaSilence; Cheebus; 59Vampire; hivedestruction; dotlikeimpact; xjordanx

Comment

Pigtronix Keymaster with whatever overdrive you want to use patched into one of the loops. You can then use an expression pedal to mix it in at whatever rate you prefer.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

interesting! awesome
                            Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

this could be of use too, I've been pondering picking up one but it's a bit pricy:

http://coopersonic.bigcartel.com/product/coopersonic-fader-pedal

put it after a distortion, put both into a bypass loop w/ blend. set the fader pedal to whatever fade in/out time you want? would actually be cool if they made one with a loop that they fade in/out.
                              we could be dangerous: art, as a real threat

Comment

Working...
                              X