BAT Ritual sounds soooooooo good

BHz_econo

• Members

It's such an awesome fuzz. Like dpizappi mentioned, it is really interactive with the volume knob. Set it for massive gnarly fuzz then turn down to about 7 on the guitar's volume and you've got an awesome overdrive sound. I found myself really enjoying that, and I am not the type to mess with the volume on my guitars.

I really need to get one of the black chrome ones while they are still around.

• Members

Thanks for posting that, I was surprised (not really) but how much I liked that. It seems overly simple, but I think that's part of its beauty too. I have the LSTR, and find that I tweak the 2 tone controls too much. And owning a Pharaoh as well, I don't think I need both. So the LSTR may go. I really need a fuzz that cleans up well, like a fuzz face. And while this doesn't really sound like a FF, I like how it cleans up well, that's a must for me. The LSTR does not, but for heavy, doomier stuff, it {censored}in rawks. But I think I'll have to check out this one out soon.

• Members

If you think all they can do is doom, then it is you that has the problem.

Yep, the pharaoh is perfect for me and I am about as far from a doom player as you can get. I use it for a fuzz sound about half way between Dino Jr and Siamese Dream.

• Members

Tried a LSTR, didn't do it for me. Never liked sovtek muffs, which is what the LSTR sounds like impo. Too boomy/doomy and harsh on the treble/middle.

Anyway, I'm still curious about the Pharaoh, and this clip makes me wanna try out the Ritual too some day...

• Members

Tried a LSTR, didn't do it for me. Never liked sovtek muffs, which is what the LSTR sounds like impo. Too boomy/doomy and harsh on the treble/middle.

Anyway, I'm still curious about the Pharaoh, and this clip makes me wanna try out the Ritual too some day...

Archived