Small tube amp switchable from 110v to 240v and available in Canada?

stevemcb

• Members

Hi guys,

A friend just moved to Vancouver, bought a tele in NYC on the way, and right now has no amp. He's gonna be moving back to New Zealand in 18 months, so is thinking of buying a small tube amp for his time in Canada, but ideally it would be voltage switchable so that he can bring it home and use it without needing a step-down transformer. Any ideas? He's pretty keen on the Vox AC4 (which I think is a good thought) but I'm pretty sure they do separate 110v and 240v models rather than switching.

Also, he has an old Johnson J-station which he's taken as a headphone amp. Any Canadians can tell me where in Vancouver he could get a 9VAC adapter (needs to output AC for the J-station).

Cheers,

Steve

• Members

Hi guys,

A friend just moved to Vancouver, bought a tele in NYC on the way, and right now has no amp. He's gonna be moving back to New Zealand in 18 months, so is thinking of buying a small tube amp for his time in Canada, but ideally it would be voltage switchable so that he can bring it home and use it without needing a step-down transformer. Any ideas? He's pretty keen on the Vox AC4 (which I think is a good thought) but I'm pretty sure they do separate 110v and 240v models rather than switching.

Also, he has an old Johnson J-station which he's taken as a headphone amp. Any Canadians can tell me where in Vancouver he could get a 9VAC adapter (needs to output AC for the J-station).

Cheers,

Steve

My Egnater Tweaker 15 Head (Act1 Music in Langley is a dealer) has a 110v220v switch. You can get a 9VAC adapter at SMI Electronics in Langley also.

Archived