Why are DD-3's so expensive used?

gambit

• Members

A digital delay is too digital?

I can't remember exactly, but some delays retain the analogue dry signal, some don't. The dd6 seemed to mess the tone that little bit too much. Dd3 just sounds like what you played, repeated.

• Members

I know the whole "it sounds digital" thing is a clumsy way of putting it, but not all digital delays are created equal. The DD3 sounds real nice, be that something to do with the algorithms or the a/d/a converters or whatever.

• Members

I know the whole "it sounds digital" thing is a clumsy way of putting it, but not all digital delays are created equal. The DD3 sounds real nice, be that something to do with the algorithms or the a/d/a converters or whatever.

I agree.

• Members

Get it together man.

• Members

Its just a good simple delay. For those us who don't need lots of bells'n'whistles, it does the job. As others have hinted, at the repeats have a certain purity to them. Boss pedals in general tend to hold value well. Unfortunately, for the DD-3, that starting value is $130. If it was $90 new and going for $50 new, no one would be complaining. Blame it on Boss for creating an awesome product and then using their name recognition to overcharage for it in the first place. :)

Archived