Boss OD-3 vs. Boss BD-2

IRG

• Members

Which one do you like better? Does the BD-2 has more gain than an OD-3? I've owned both, but quite a while ago. Thought about picking up either or both if I see them cheap on CL or something.

Clip of the BD-2 from PGS sounds pretty good, better than I remember it, lol.

Haven't found as good of a recording of the OD-3 on YT.

[video=youtube;8mP1XoYhM8o]

• Members

BD-2 has more gain but can get quite fizzy....lower gain settings sound better.

OD-3 has a nicer thick overdrive sound, a different kind of crunch, more bottom end.

I have a Keeley modded BD-2 and love it....really makes it a totally different pedal.

• Members

The BD-2 is one of my favorite boosters. Sounds awesome going through an amp on verge of break-up, but you gotta keep the gain below 9 o'clock. Its biggest downfall is the fizzy decay. Henceforth why a lot people mod them.

OD-3 is very smooth OD very flat eq. Reminds me of OCD in LP mode. Its my favorite Boss pedal. All though I think you MXR MOD od kicks its ass. Way more tweak-able.

• Members

The BD-2 is one of my favorite boosters. Sounds awesome going through an amp on verge of break-up, but you gotta keep the gain below 9 o'clock. Its biggest downfall is the fizzy decay. Henceforth why a lot people mod them.

OD-3 is very smooth OD very flat eq. Reminds me of OCD in LP mode. Its my favorite Boss pedal. All though I think you MXR MOD od kicks its ass. Way more tweak-able.

Yeah, pretty sure the MXR is superior to both. I'm thinking of the VFE Blues King too, much lower gain, but that kinda fills the void for me, which I don't have. The MXR has more gain than I expected, not necessarily a bad thing, but the lower gain range on the BK is definitely more developed.

Archived