No announcement yet.

Boss OD-3 vs. Boss BD-2

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss OD-3 vs. Boss BD-2

Which one do you like better? Does the BD-2 has more gain than an OD-3? I've owned both, but quite a while ago. Thought about picking up either or both if I see them cheap on CL or something.

Clip of the BD-2 from PGS sounds pretty good, better than I remember it, lol.

Haven't found as good of a recording of the OD-3 on YT.

BD-2 has more gain but can get quite fizzy....lower gain settings sound better.

OD-3 has a nicer thick overdrive sound, a different kind of crunch, more bottom end.

I have a Keeley modded BD-2 and love it....really makes it a totally different pedal.
    Good deals with: TravvyBear, TD Moyer, modeerf, starmansam, dyer_maker, Reaganomics!, frenchji

Gods of Harvest

Comment

boss od3 with humbuckers through an ac30. also a space echo.

not the best quality of all time, but you can hear the character of the 0d3 and i think it sounds like magic dragon tits.
      Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

Demos of the od/3 on YT - the worst

Also

Comment

not the best quality of all time, but you can hear the character of the 0d3 and i think it sounds like magic dragon tits.

Good name for a band right there.

Comment

pick up whichever one comes up on CL first at a reasonable price i had a bd-2 and it was pretty good. not sure i'll go back to it now after all the crazy boutique ODs i've had/tried though
            YᵒᵘOᶰˡʸLᶤᵛᵉ OᶰᶜᵉRobopimp wrote:Chat crüe is srs crüeFor Sale: Ibanez DML-10, Boss TW-1, Boss FZ-2/3Good deals with: Duderanimous, Overwhelmed987, Jules-RM, DoubleBarrel, HotRats, Fusion1, IRG, barney steele, Aaron SS, Urinate Forever, Raintes, crowquill, Blakemore Effects, Aimmar Cair, lefort_1, killthelights, 9720575 (CHUCK!)

Comment

The BD-2 is one of my favorite boosters. Sounds awesome going through an amp on verge of break-up, but you gotta keep the gain below 9 o'clock. Its biggest downfall is the fizzy decay. Henceforth why a lot people mod them.

OD-3 is very smooth OD very flat eq. Reminds me of OCD in LP mode. Its my favorite Boss pedal. All though I think you MXR MOD od kicks its ass. Way more tweak-able.

Comment

The BD-2 is one of my favorite boosters. Sounds awesome going through an amp on verge of break-up, but you gotta keep the gain below 9 o'clock. Its biggest downfall is the fizzy decay. Henceforth why a lot people mod them.

OD-3 is very smooth OD very flat eq. Reminds me of OCD in LP mode. Its my favorite Boss pedal. All though I think you MXR MOD od kicks its ass. Way more tweak-able.

Yeah, pretty sure the MXR is superior to both. I'm thinking of the VFE Blues King too, much lower gain, but that kinda fills the void for me, which I don't have. The MXR has more gain than I expected, not necessarily a bad thing, but the lower gain range on the BK is definitely more developed.

Comment

Blues King would be excellent choice. You can use it to goose your BAT Pharaoh. I'm actually thinking about getting Black Horse. Its his new high gain dist pedal.

Comment

if you have the chance check out the od-2r
                    Originally Posted by Crxsh

Jesus loves a tasty muff.

Originally Posted by Urinate Forever

And wiklund is smart, i'm in agreement with him.

Good deals: Kranak, solewheelin, sixstringshaggy, ZepFuzz05, RockDaJoJo, red_riviera, StratAtak83, Hanglow, woolyh

Comment

Working...
                    X