Bobby D hangs up his guitar?

TravvyBear

• Members

"My last gig, at the green parrot, key west. One of the top ten bars in the USA. A fitting end to my "career", lol. To all my fellow musicians, fans, friends, bartenders, agents, managers, and club owners - so long and thanks for all the fish! After 30 years, I am hanging up my guitar... but will still be recording my stargarden ambient music for fun. Bye!"

582166_10150974366593513_1508731543_n.jp

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If it is health related (arthritis etc), then it's a sad thing and my condolences to Signor D.

If it is a "i'm not gigging anymore" thing, then it isn't truly a "hanging up the guitar thing" (from the post, this seems the most likely since he "will still be recording my stargarden ambient music for fun." it's more of a "retiring from live music thing."

tl;dr

tumblr_m7khzhcCVW1ryaiojo1_500.gif

• Members

If you did quit, why would you put an announcement on Facebook?

My guess is to read all the "noooooo, but you're so talented" comments.

Yeah. I don't buy it anyway. It's probably a mixture of frustration that he's playing dive bars in the Florida keys and the realisation that he's the not the rock star he cracks himself up to be.

• Members

If you did quit, why would you put an announcement on Facebook?

My guess is to read all the "noooooo, but you're so talented" comments.

damn, tough crowd in here. i don't do the facebook, but don't people usually post there about various changes in their life?

Archived