Trying to find the right fuzz... (aren't we all)

• Members
I love love fuzz when other people use them, i can't seem to get along with any i try. Just don't seem to suit my playing style.

Maybe you haven't found the right fuzz for your playing :)

• Members

I have said it so much that people think I am trolling, but I'm not, I want to like a fuzz pedal..... but fuzz is just useless to me. It makes sense that more volume and more speakers are crucial, I am between bands and use low wattage combo's in my apartment and every fuzz sounds terrible to me in that context. I want to try a Tonewicker and a Throbak Stonebender though....

• Members

I have said it so much that people think I am trolling, but I'm not, I want to like a fuzz pedal..... but fuzz is just useless to me. It makes sense that more volume and more speakers are crucial, I am between bands and use low wattage combo's in my apartment and every fuzz sounds terrible to me in that context. I want to try a Tonewicker and a Throbak Stonebender though....

I hear ya. I'm a fuzz addict, and though I'm real picky, and don't like all of my fuzz peds with all different amps, I've got a pretty nice collection that sounds great to me in the right context.

Anyway, I found that small amps/speakers don't mesh with fuzz pedals, at least not to my taste. Fuzz needs power/loudness impo, or else you're going into vintage bloos/garage territory, which I personally don't like fuzz peds for...

Archived