Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to find the right fuzz... (aren't we all)

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to find the right fuzz... (aren't we all)

Ok... So all the fuzzes I've played either a. Dont cut through (muff) or b. are too splatty... I want something with cutting power, but still smooth and creamy... Is that too much to ask?
    1*WANNABE SINGER/SONGWRITER/GENIUSGibson SG w/ Vibrola > Pedal Monsters Klone > JHS Superbolt > EHX Deluxe Memory Man > EHX Holy Grail > Boss TU-2 > 2 Handwired Fender Princeton Reverb RI 1x12s

needs moar Pharaoh.
    "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

Big Muff with Tone Wicker.

Problem solved.
      Originally Posted by Nancy_Pelosi

I have a vagina.

Originally Posted by Romanian Reaper

I'm in the military and consider myself to be a pretty diehard American. I get mad when the flag is burned, I tear up everytime I hear the National Anthem, etc.

That guitar is absolutely horrible and makes me want to shave my head, grow a Lenin beard, and rebuild the Berlin Wall.

Originally Posted by jnurp

of course user error, i ****************ing suck.

My tunes

Comment

I find more tweakability helps, like a fuzz factory. Clean an amp as possible, and experiment with volume knob on guitar.
        Selling:

Mini mixer £25 posted. Good size for pedalboards.
        EHX 24v DC adapter £12 posted
        Dual momentary footswitch £20 posted.
        Telecaster 3 way switch and vintage jack socket. £5 posted

Excellent dealings with AncientMariner, Chucknorris1982, Daysofspeed, Kurd01, Melx, SirLemonHead, and a few of others I can't remember. . .

Comment

Algal Bloom?
          Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

Turn mids up on amp.

I have a vagina.

I'm in the military and consider myself to be a pretty diehard American. I get mad when the flag is burned, I tear up everytime I hear the National Anthem, etc.

That guitar is absolutely horrible and makes me want to shave my head, grow a Lenin beard, and rebuild the Berlin Wall.

My tunes

Comment

amp is super important, of course. moar speakers, moar watts, moar headroom, moar volume.

maybe a Burns Buzzaround would be something to check out too.
              "15 layers of oscillating delays and samples of hedgehogs having sex. There's your chorus." - hwaorang

"play in church.. Jesus will provide reverb" - wiklund87

"Flaming Korg solos don't grow on trees." - big69

Comment

Silicon Fuzz Face might do it.
                "That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die." -- Me

Comment

Lol, I didn't even realize you were that you sold me 3 fuzz pedals yesterday....

lol.

I have a vagina.

My tunes

Comment

Some kind of Tone Bender? Barber Trifecta or Skreddy Supa Tone?
                    This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

Silicon Fuzz Face might do it.

This.

Also, I'm sure someone here could build you a <$100 clone of one of these:

Comment

Ok... So all the fuzzes I've played either a. Dont cut through (muff) or b. are too splatty... I want something with cutting power, but still smooth and creamy... Is that too much to ask?

Im my experience, '69 was everything you just said.
                        tits

Comment

Lol, I didn't even realize you were that you sold me 3 fuzz pedals yesterday....

lol.

Lol... Yeah... I loved the wolf comp with my fender, but it didnt play well with my AC 15... Thanks for the suggestions, guys!
                          1*WANNABE SINGER/SONGWRITER/GENIUSGibson SG w/ Vibrola > Pedal Monsters Klone > JHS Superbolt > EHX Deluxe Memory Man > EHX Holy Grail > Boss TU-2 > 2 Handwired Fender Princeton Reverb RI 1x12s

Comment

Skreddy. Lunar. Module.
                            Love,
                            Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

DAM Meathead sounds right up your alley.
                              MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

Working...
                              X