Worst names of guitar pedals

solewheelin

• Members

Some people do it right with these names of greek or egyptian gods.

Other names are obviously just trying to be clever and wind up sounding pretentious. Like "Organizer" and "Brigadier".

Many of the names also just have this marketing stench to them like "Ola".

What happened to more descriptive, suggestive names like Big Muff, Super Fuzz, Tonebender, Flying Tomato, Super hard on, Tube screamer, Holy Grail, Swollen Pickle and Electric Mistress?

Now we have names like "Big grey distortion"..

but my least favorite of all has to be "Mojo mojo".

It's sickening I tell you.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oh, and the FUHO gas begins! I'll be gooping it and naming mine the "{censored} You Anne Frank Distortion".

How about the Philosopher's Tone? Whyever that's always bothered me. Dano with the food themed bucket. Way Huge crosses the line. Mike's Salty Romance Explosion (dwarfcraft). I take it back, that one is awesome.

• Members

oh, and the FUHO gas begins! I'll be gooping it and naming mine the "{censored} You Anne Frank Distortion".

How about the Philosopher's Tone? Whyever that's always bothered me. Dano with the food themed bucket. Way Huge crosses the line. Mike's Salty Romance Explosion (dwarfcraft). I take it back, that one is awesome.

I finally realized like a week ago that it was Philosopher's Tone and not Philosopher's Stone. To be fair I don't like compressors so i never paid attention.

• Members

MXR badass

fucking THIS :facepalm:

and while this may not be a popular opinion here or at TGP, seriously, pedal making world, how many overdrives can you possibly make? seriously. give me a number. when will it end? i see 20 years from now, no new effects have been created, Chinese landfills of freekish TS variants form the walls of scattered fortifications for humanity to shelter behind against the self-aware and militarized OCD clone invasion, over which we as a people will never prevail, as our language has been reduced from effective communication to an endless, subjective, adjective-laden, mind numbing diatribe of tonal descriptions and preorder availability dates. Classes of the remaining few humans will be divided by special edition artwork and limited availability colorways.

fuck.

ing.

stop.

• Members

this. I IMMEDIATELY thought of jesus with an O face jizzing on someone. only now do i see how far my descent from my mormon heritage really is
:lol:

fucking THIS
:facepalm:

and while this may not be a popular opinion here or at TGP, seriously, pedal making world, how many overdrives can you possibly make? seriously. give me a number. when will it end? i see 20 years from now, no new effects have been created, Chinese landfills of freekish TS variants form the walls of scattered fortifications for humanity to shelter behind against the self-aware and militarized OCD clone invasion, over which we as a people will never prevail, as our language has been reduced from effective communication to an endless, subjective, adjective-laden, mind numbing diatribe of tonal descriptions and preorder availability dates. Classes of the remaining few humans will be divided by special edition artwork and limited availability colorways.

fuck.

ing.

stop.

kobe-u-mad.jpg

Archived