Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curiosity landing

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this supposed to be exciting? They've sent remote controlled cars to Mars before haven't they?
    PDY: The new forum where pages don't take forever to load.

"With print you substitute an ear for an extra useless eye." MES

Originally Posted by zero=infinity

I have been forced to register after years of lurking. This is truly epic.

I'm from Waukesha, currently living in Milwaukee. Where does this **** live??

I want this to make national news.

Comment

Why is this supposed to be exciting? They've sent remote controlled cars to Mars before haven't they?

Right, and it has been easy and successful every time. /sarcasm

The difference is the complexity of the rover that they have sent in the past compared to Curiosity.
      Originally Posted by mdrake34

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

I've been stoked for awhile, until I realized that its' happening 10:31 PST. I don't think I can stay up till 1:31 here. :

They should really have given the landing schedule in Martian time.
          Originally Posted by telephant

Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.

UK based band;
          http://www.captainhorizon.co.uk

Comment

What amazes me is that they're expecting that thing to be there collecting data for two years?
            The operators will need absolute nerves of steel. One mistake and the programme is screwed.
            What if there is a single malfunction?
            Strong winds?

Aliens...
            Originally Posted by Zappa74

Beer is like overdrive pedals.

At the volume I play, they're all the same.

Comment

One mistake and the programme is screwed.
              What if there is a single malfunction?
              Strong winds?

Aliens...

Flat tyre...
              Winner of nothing, BOTB Raffle 2011

@Jenesis

Comment

I wonder if they remembered to change the timing belt at 125,000 miles...

Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.

UK based band;

Comment

I'm serious. They're that confident that their workmanship is THAT good to have it going for two years...?

Comment

So wanted to get up at 60 to watch this but I was watching the olympics til midnight
                    Damn, why so many cool things all happening at once?

So glad they reached the surface safely, this is so cool #spacenerd

Also
                    good guys: english_bob, SG1, red_riviera, chisa, melx, Tayste_2000, tommyld (fuzzhugger), NetStar, bondini, Taylor704, HeartfeltDawn, garethdavies, Uncle Bastard, woolyh, Snufkino, THAT4301, Chugs, Matt0201, fruvai, Prince Squid, eerock, mr benn.

Comment

I'm serious. They're that confident that their workmanship is THAT good to have it going for two years...?

I have a watch that lasted 4 years, it's pretty intricate. My computer has lasted 5 without needing a maintenance guy standing next to it.

UK based band;

Comment

I have a watch that lasted 4 years, it's pretty intricate. My computer has lasted 5 without needing a maintenance guy standing next to it.

Yeah yeah. Except that the manufacturers of all those devices know that if something goes wrong maintenance is not much of an issue, but in this instance, maintenance is NO OPTION.

Comment

And the stakes are infinitely higher!

Comment

And the stakes are infinitely higher!

Not true, then the stakes would be infinite and we could just drive to Mars along the infinite stakes assuming we properly tethered them to the ground (using Higgs-Bosun particles perhaps?)

UK based band;

Comment

Pretty much everything about the entire space program is completely mind boggling if you think about it.

They accomplish incredible things.
                              I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X