Supernatural Ambient Reverb

BHz_econo

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ok so, heres the scoop directly from Tom Cray (digitechrep):

he cant say anything about it till pgs officially releases them. part of the agreement of the deal is that all stock goes to pgs so tom cant get one for me, and he cant even get one for himself. he would have to buy one full price from pgs if he wants one.

so basically cry.gif but i might have to get one from pgs since apparently the spring setting is a twin reverb. like, exactly like it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by driverhasabomb View Post
PGS mentioned that the increase in price is due to the entire run being built in the good ol' USA.
I'd rather it be built in china if it would shave off a few dollars. I don't understand why it has to be built in USA.. when most people who buy pedals could care less about that sort of thing.

Regardless.. I'm still extremely interested in this pedal and I happen to be in the market for some reverb.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by driverhasabomb View Post
PGS mentioned that the increase in price is due to the entire run being built in the good ol' USA.
FWIW, the first runs of many Digitech products are MIA and they also fill production gaps with MIA stuff. My Whammy V and GSP1101 are MIA. I would imagine it makes financial sense for a potentially smaller run to be built 100% in the USA rather than setting up a short run overseas.

And BTW, the plate verb in the GSP1101 (and RP pedals) is simply awesome. If this is an improvement on this, its going to be an absolutely killer pedal...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HeartfeltDawn

View Post

Bigger picture missed'd.

I figured it was built in the USA for marketing purposes.. is there another reason? Limited run would be too expensive to manufacture overseas? I guess.. please inform me of what I missed instead of being an ass about it.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by frenchji View Post
I'd rather it be built in china if it would shave off a few dollars. I don't understand why it has to be built in USA.. when most people who buy pedals could care less about that sort of thing.

Regardless.. I'm still extremely interested in this pedal and I happen to be in the market for some reverb.

I would gladly pay a little more if it meant jobs for Americans. So yes it does matter to me. It should matter to you.

Also, someone might have one of these in the mail soon.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by frenchji

View Post

I figured it was built in the USA for marketing purposes.. is there another reason? Limited run would be too expensive to manufacture overseas? I guess.. please inform me of what I missed instead of being an ass about it.

It was more in reference to your comment about people being able to save a few bucks. Outsourcing more work overseas isn't exactly what your economy needs.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Will Chen

View Post

FWIW, the first runs of many Digitech products are MIA and they also fill production gaps with MIA stuff. My Whammy V and GSP1101 are MIA. I would imagine it makes financial sense for a potentially smaller run to be built 100% in the USA rather than setting up a short run overseas.

Yeah that crew is building the Supernatural. I don't know if it makes more sense to do it here or if it's just how PGS wanted to do it. But I'd imagine you're probably right, seems like you'd need a certain volume to overcome duties and shipping versus domestic wages and I doubt they're making a ton of these.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by HeartfeltDawn

View Post

It was more in reference to your comment about people being able to save a few bucks. Outsourcing more work overseas isn't exactly what your economy needs.

Oh I see.. I don't really think such a limited run of a product that already has a limited market would help the economy much at all. I mostly don't think that's what they had in mind when they put the "made in USA" print on there anyway. I could be wrong... it would be awesome I was wrong.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by echodeluxe View Post
ok so, heres the scoop directly from Tom Cray (digitechrep):

he cant say anything about it till pgs officially releases them. part of the agreement of the deal is that all stock goes to pgs so tom cant get one for me, and he cant even get one for himself. he would have to buy one full price from pgs if he wants one.

so basically cry.gif but i might have to get one from pgs since apparently the spring setting is a twin reverb. like, exactly like it.
So basically the scoop is you don't know anything just like the rest of everyone else? icon_lol.gif

And I don't believe ANY pedal maker who says "this reverb sounds JUST LIKE x reverb" especially on something like a Twin where changing a tube can drastically change the reverb sound,

Archived