Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up to four pedals and a 20w tweed amp

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm I've played the Crema Wheat quite a few times and I'm pretty sure it's appeal is it's amazing OD to near Fuzz capabilities soooo if it were me I'd just do:

TU-2
    Analogman ARDX20

Maybe I'm boring but I don't see the point in boosts, OD's or Fuzz in an amp that has been specifically designed to make the most gnarly beautiful overdriven tones you'll ever hear. Damn I love that thing.
    Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

Right this very second I'll go with Ritual > Pitch Black > Pareidolia > El Cap.
      {For Sale}
      Chandler RH-2 lap steel - $325

Comment

A boost
        A fuzz
        A delay
        A trem

This man speaks truth!

Don't bother with overdrives/distortions. That's like putting ketchup on a good steak.

You could even skip the fuzz, depending on how much you crank it.

Also, don't bother with reverb. Those cabinets resonate so nicely you won't need it.
        "People who don't like fuzz weren't around in the '90s, or else they were the kind of kids I didn't wanna hang out with back then" - thom

Comment

Way Huge - Green Rhino/Pork Loin - OD or Boost
          Way Huge - Swollen Pickle - Super tweakable fuzz
          Way Huge - Aqua Puss - super simple/awesome delay
          That new hardwire reverb - super awesome reverb. If the amp already has reverb, get a tremolo.
          http://rosecassidy.bandcamp.com

Comment

This man speaks truth!

Don't bother with overdrives/distortions. That's like putting ketchup on a good steak.

You could even skip the fuzz, depending on how much you crank it.

Also, don't bother with reverb. Those cabinets resonate so nicely you won't need it.

Not sure I agree with the reverb claim. Really depends on the type of reverb you have, and the listening environment. The new Supernatural has such a good spring and plate reverb, getting all of the ambient type reverbs is an added bonus, and no cabinet can cop this effect. I don't own the Flint, but demos sound great, and getting tremolo with nice reverb modes is an added bonus.

I can understand you not wanting an overdrive with this amp. Something like the Timmy or Mayflower though or the Catalinbread Naga Viper really just add to the overall flavor of the amp, they're aren't masking or hiding, but rather enhancing. Like a good steak with the right seasonings, not ketsup

Comment

(micro)pog(2), Fuzz, trem, reverb
              facebook.com/TheSpiritAnimalshttp://thespiritanimals.bandcamp.com/GOOD DEALS: Iamtehcure, succor, juri, conky

Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Reverb will sound like crap if you turn the amp up. It'll compress and get overwhelming. The professional trick is a delay in front, some slapback to liven up the sound and it works great with the amp cranked.

My go to small board with my 1960 Tweed Deluxe was a compressor (for chicken-pickin' and slide work), an overdrive (when more "umph!" was needed), and delay (for slapback or to fill out leads). I suppose I might add a subtle phaser to that for thicken up some parts if needed.

Comment

Reverb will sound like crap if you turn the amp up. It'll compress and get overwhelming. The professional trick is a delay in front, some slapback to liven up the sound and it work great with the amp cranked.

My go to small board with my 1960 Tweed Deluxe was a compressor (for chicken-pickin' and slide work), an overdrive (when more "umph!" was needed), and delay (for slapback or to fill out leads). I suppose I might add a subtle phaser to that for thicken up some parts if needed.

Wyatt gets it.

Comment

Way Huge - Green Rhino/Pork Loin - OD or Boost
                      Way Huge - Swollen Pickle - Super tweakable fuzz
                      Way Huge - Aqua Puss - super simple/awesome delay
                      That new hardwire reverb - super awesome reverb. If the amp already has reverb, get a tremolo.

YES!
                      "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson.

Originally Posted by DayTrippinBalls

MY BRAND!

Comment

Timmy/Tim, Reverb, tremolo, fuzz, wah?
                        DOH! That's five!
                        ... puppets jerking on their strings ...

Comment

4 Klons
                          I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

Reverb will sound like crap if you turn the amp up. It'll compress and get overwhelming. The professional trick is a delay in front, some slapback to liven up the sound and it works great with the amp cranked.

Another man who speaks truth...
                            "People who don't like fuzz weren't around in the '90s, or else they were the kind of kids I didn't wanna hang out with back then" - thom

Comment

How much clean headroom does this amp have? 20w isn't that low wattage. I would agree if the amp is being overdriven, reverb might not sound great, so I like the slapback delay option as well. Carbon copy or 616 perhaps, maybe the Aqua Puss would be better even.

Comment

Reverb set low when the amp is cranked sounds fine it's all about how you set it.
                                www.ChrisBedward.comYoutube

Comment

Working...
                                X