DL4 preset light flashing (Just one light flashing, not all)

MegaMustaine

• Members

hey guys-

I've been running my DL-4 off my Pedal Power 2+, however I had read that that wasn't a great combo. Recently, I've been gigging and I'll click a preset, and the preset with slowly flash, or sort of fade in and out. It seems like the DL-4 is trying to tell me something.

The unit is still working fine, and I assumed it was a power issue. I went out and bought a seperate power supply for the unit, but am STILL having the same problem. Any idea why it would cause this? Is this what it does when you edit presets or something? maybe it's not big deal, but I don't remember it ever used to be doing this.

• Members

I love my DL-4 but I {censored}ing HATE its power supply. It has about 10 feet of cable on each side and a big transformer dead in the middle (plus being AC -->AC voltage makes it a pain in the ass). Why could't they just have used a wallwart style with a couple of feet of lead. The power supply is what keeps it off my pedalboard.

I can't help you I just needed to vent - thanks.

• Members

I love my DL-4 but I {censored}ing HATE its power supply. It has about 10 feet of cable on each side and a big transformer dead in the middle (plus being AC -->AC voltage makes it a pain in the ass). Why could't they just have used a wallwart style with a couple of feet of lead. The power supply is what keeps it off my pedalboard.

I can't help you I just needed to vent - thanks.

The xx4 pedals have an internal transformer that allows it to run on DC supplies as well. I had my FM4 (same power requirements as the DL4) running daisy chained off a 1 spot with 4 other pedals and had no problem. Don't let the man bring you down.

• Members

The xx4 pedals have an internal transformer that allows it to run on DC supplies as well. I had my FM4 (same power requirements as the DL4) running daisy chained off a 1 spot with 4 other pedals and had no problem. Don't let the man bring you down.

It wasn't noisy chained with other pedals? The AC voltage is not required? I may have to rethink my {censored}.

I remember being cofused on this and that there is some conflicting views on this so I have always used the supplied power unit

http://line6.com/support/thread/55666

• Members

It wasn't noisy chained with other pedals? The AC voltage is not required? I may have to rethink my {censored}.

I remember being cofused on this and that there is some conflicting views on this so I have always used the supplied power unit

Not true. The xx4 models can all take 9-12V DC and, according to andreas (a very bright fellow who used to come here often) takes ~250mA when DC voltage is used. It uses a center positive 2.5mm jack, so you need to get the adapter from 1spot specifically for the modelers. I had no additional noise.

Archived