Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coffee drinker. Lighter or Darker roast. Why?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as a young man, espresso and the darkest roast I could find, that stuff rips my stomach up now, so medium Mesco from Swings in DC, get the beans shipped to me.
    Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
    likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

cheap.
      sons of SUNN

pedlolboard
      skullytone fx living dead drive > russian spi sanford and sonny bluebeard (((in triphonic))) Red*bear mk120 > 68 sunn 200s > ampeg v2 > your earpussies

good tranny shared with Severed Pumpkin MakuseruSukotto theAntihero X2 Dr. Doom Shamdog Bobby D Noise. . . Ancient X2

Comment

dark with a little sweetener

Comment

As with beer, I prefer something a little bolder but I will drink whatever the **************** is in front of me.

Mostly it depends on preparation. If I have to make it at the ****************ty keurig at work then I need to find a blend so dark light can't escape. If I'm at a cafe that knows what their doing I will go with something medium.
          Good Deals: Hangwire, mhuxtable, Travybear

Comment

I like coffee that is roasted an appropriate amount for the profile of the bean being roasted. Usually that is lighter than most large, nation-wide available, coffee roasters do it (longer shelf life if it's darker). Even though they'll say it's a light roast, if it's on the grocery store shelf it's pretty relative.

Some beans don't want to be too dark. If you over roast a good Ethiopian bean it looses all character to that bean. Most Sumatran beans don't have much subtle character, so they can be roasted a little darker to draw out an earthy flavor.

Roast in and of itself means nothing. A good roaster will roast a good bean to where it makes the best coffee.
            I play amplified/electric bassoon. Everything you see me post about remember I'm not using my gear with guitar pretty much ever.

Comment

And yes, the method of brewing makes a great difference as well. As does the quality of the water.
              I play amplified/electric bassoon. Everything you see me post about remember I'm not using my gear with guitar pretty much ever.

Comment

i like my beans roasted to ash. then i just dissolve it in vodka.
                Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

i like my beans roasted to ash. then i just dissolve it in vodka.

Good Deals: Hangwire, mhuxtable, Travybear

Comment

Been on a bit of a Counter Culture kick lately. I also love Dancing Goats, Intelligensia, 9th St Espresso and Stumptown.

Much like pedals, it can be a bit of a rabbit hole.
                    Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

the drummer in my band works at a cafe and they have really good coffee. i cant remember what.

if youre in the sf bay area, stop by cafe sophie. best mocha ive ever had.
                      Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

And where's my Aussie coffeebro?
                        Whores. Facebook bandcamp

Rig Guitars Board

Duane Denison, Steve Albini, Ron Ashton, Buzz Osborne, Rowland S. Howard, Steve Turner, Jon Spencer, Chris Spencer, Kurt Ballou and Josh Homme

Originally Posted by pasteface

I want to Make a sound like on doors where It Gose PPPPPPPRRROWWWWWNNNN like a Bridg falliing Apart and When it Ecchoes

Comment

i live in portland

Comment

Kona Roasted medium dark in a french press

Comment

drinking duncan donuts vanilla right now lol

Comment

yes cuban beans

perfect
                                soundcloud.com/nonlocality
                                nonlocality.bandcamp.com

Comment

Working...
                                X