Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT -- Ever seen Mercury, the planet?

Of all the planets in our solar system, five (not counting the earth) can be viewed with the unaided eye. However, due to its proximity to the sun, Mercury can be very difficult to view, and many people go their entire life without ever seeing it. If you're willing to get up early (just before sunrise) this morning (Thursday) you can actually see it fairly easily due to its location in its orbit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/48683086#.UCyGPEJI2Yc

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

My second favorite inferior planet

It is/will be easy to see. Get up 1-1.5hr before sunrise(depending on your location), find Venus and Jupiter (the two brightest bodies in the sky at the time) and draw a line through them towards the horizon and there Mercury will be! It is visible throughout mid-August, but will be brightest tomorrow/this morning.
    Love,
    Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

It is/will be easy to see. Get up 1-1.5hr (depending on your location), find Venus and Jupiter (the two brightest bodies in the sky at the time) and draw a line through them towards the horizon and there Mercury will be! It is visible throughout mid-August, but will be brightest tomorrow/this morning.

Awesome! I see Venus and Jupiter perfectly when I'm leaving for work in the morning.
      Originally Posted by knobs.

what i really want to do is legally **************** his ass, i know it'll probably be a pretty long procedure but it's going to be worth it.

Originally Posted by Phil O'Keefe

Pardon my french, but whomever it was who started this and thought it would be "funny" is an ****************************.

My band: Nine Worlds

Spam: Nada
      Trade References

Comment

Venusian.

It is/will be easy to see. Get up 1-1.5hr before sunrise(depending on your location), find Venus and Jupiter (the two brightest bodies in the sky at the time) and draw a line through them towards the horizon and there Mercury will be! It is visible throughout mid-August, but will be brightest tomorrow/this morning.

Great advice! hil: Sunrise here is at 0616. I'll see what I can see at 0430-0500. Aka - oh-dark-thirty.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

so thats what that was this morning. . .
          sons of SUNN

pedlolboard
          skullytone fx living dead drive > russian spi sanford and sonny bluebeard (((in triphonic))) Red*bear mk120 > 68 sunn 200s > ampeg v2 > your earpussies

good tranny shared with Severed Pumpkin MakuseruSukotto theAntihero X2 Dr. Doom Shamdog Bobby D Noise. . . Ancient X2

Comment

My dad used to point it out to me all the time when he drove me to school
            Originally Posted by Rainer Maria Rilke

Sound, no longer measurable
            with sense of hearing. As if that tone
            outstripping us on every side
            were space maturing.

Comment

Did anyone catch the meteor shower the other night? Saw a ton of them streaking across the sky. Tried to get pics but they didn't turn out good at all.
              http://deadhandcollective.blogspot.com - my band
              http://divinemotherrecordings.com -my label
              http://divinemotherrecordings.bandcamp.com
              http://acapella.harmony-central.com/...l=1#post425143 99 - good deals

Comment

Clouds sucked, and for some reason I never have a good western horizon.

Comment

Venusian.

Great advice! hil: Sunrise here is at 0616. I'll see what I can see at 0430-0500. Aka - oh-dark-thirty.

Hey! Venus is a cool planet. The brightest thing in the sky besides the sun and the moon! Brighter than any star. It's also the only planet that rotates clockwise in our solar system as well. If it wasn't for 95% carbon dioxide atmosphere and the crushing pressure, I'd go!

Did you see anything? I'm going to look tomorrow as I'm driving down to Hanford
                  Love,
                  Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

Did anyone catch the meteor shower the other night? Saw a ton of them streaking across the sky. Tried to get pics but they didn't turn out good at all.

We have a moon garden at our school... got together a bunch of friends and layout in it watching the meteor shower! It was pretty good, a lot of really slow movers.
                    Love,
                    Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

Is the red planet Mercury like the crimson eye of Cerberus?
                      I Build/Mod/Repair Pedals.

Good deals with: Aaron_SS, ShortScaleMike, DRGUN

Comment

Astrophotography is something I'd like to get into!

once took a pic of venus and jupiter in a single shot, then cropped them closer to each-other

it's a pretty crazy feeling when you see planets are actual spheres rather than sizeless points of light in the sky!
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        {www.dronecloud.org}
                        {www.soniccrayonfx.com}

Comment

"A good friend of mine follows the stars.......Veuns and Mars are alright tonight..."
                          Jesus, friend of sinners, we have strayed so far away. We cut down people in Your name, when the sword was never ours to swing. (Excerpt from "Jesus, Friend of Sinners" by Casting Crowns.
                          Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                          A Hofner Hound
                          Hofner Club CT Semi-Hollow
                          Hofner Club Ct Solid Body
                          Hofner Icon Bass
                          Hofner H185 Bass
                          Epiphone PR5E
                          Ibanez AEG25
                          Ibanez SRX bass
                          Matthew 10:16 "Be as shrewd as a serpent and harmless as a dove."

Comment

caduceus
                            O)))

Comment

Astrophotography is something I'd like to get into!

once took a pic of venus and jupiter in a single shot, then cropped them closer to each-other

it's a pretty crazy feeling when you see planets are actual spheres rather than sizeless points of light in the sky!

Nice! My ex-gf was way into astrophotography. Have you ever seen Saturn through a telescope? We had a few observatories at my previous school, and being able to see saturn and the rings was the coolest thing I've seen through my eyeballs. Highly recommended if you want to feel small.
                              Love,
                              Matthew

✌ ♥☺

Comment

Working...
                              X