Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vibrola muthaf***a

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks very nice. I like that wiring setup.

If it weren't for my need for two tone knobs, I might visit that setup on my Firebird.
    —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

how is it not an offset?

stays in tune great--i have zero issues with vibrola's staying in tune. in fact i think they're the second best trem system (2nd only to the JM/jag trem). i think people that have trouble with vibrola's either aren't doing it right (ie dive-bombing) or have nut issues. as long as you lube the nut and saddle grooves, you should have zero issues.

Because they don't really have an offset waist.

That's interesting because I always hear about how much of a tuning nightmare they are. Good to know, as they look so badass.

What is the original wiring setup?

Comment

Yeah, you're right--just saying shape-wise it's not too dissimilar from a JM/Jag.

Pretty sure the orig wiring was neck, mid&bridge, bridge--with 2 vols &2tone. Mine was mangled when I got it--it was like neck, middle, neck&bridge.
        MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

Your wiring makes more sense to me, especially with how the knobs are laid out.

And yeah, the shape is Jazzmastery. I was just ****************in wit ya. I was hoping the "mad" smiley made that clear. Maybe I should've gone with

Comment

Offsets is serious bizness.
            MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

I dig it Bob, good work.
              facebook.com/TheSpiritAnimalshttp://thespiritanimals.bandcamp.com/GOOD DEALS: Iamtehcure, succor, juri, conky

Comment

**************** you bob

I agree - what an incredible guitar! hil:

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

also, i'm surprised non reverse firebirds don't get more love--especially from the offset lovers around here.

I have been an open admirer of them for ages.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

Beautiful bob, I love vibrolas as well so it looks so perfect with it. Great idea for the wiring as well. 3 pu guitars should be all wired in a similar fashion.
                    Spam:Selling:Nothing.WTB:Catalinbread Merkin FuzzGibson Maestro FZ-1 or amazing clone

Comment

I have a few questions...

What is offset and non offset referring to?

Is that the same vibrola I would put on my SG Special?

Where did you get it and how much?

What do you lube the bridge pieces with?

Does Loobs do your nuts as well?

Nice guitar!
                      Hey

Comment

Nice!

Does it stay in tune? When you use the vibrola?

Comment

I have a few questions...
                          What is offset and non offset referring to?

Offset means the top part of the body sticks out to one side and the bottom part to the other.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

Offset means the top part of the body sticks out to one side and the bottom part to the other.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<</TD>

Correct. The waist is offset. Technically, a non-reverse Firebird isn't an offset, although they do somewhat look like them.

- George Carlin

Comment

So my Variax is an offset?

[
                              Hey

Comment

So my Variax is an offset?

yes

Comment

Working...
                                X