Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibrola muthaf***a

so i added a lyre vibrola to my '60's firebird non-reverse. pretty dohp--i went with the longer one instead of the short vibrola like the orig. sounds great!

also, a little while back i wired it so the 3 knobs on the bottom are volume knobs corresponding to each pickup. the middle is a push/pull--engaging the middle pu in any of the pickup selector positions when the vol is pulled up. the knob by itself is a master tone.

MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

also, i'm surprised non reverse firebirds don't get more love--especially from the offset lovers around here.
    MAN for that kind of thing U got to go Back to the Old boxes from back when!! In those days we would bring are AMPS to the lake and wnen U tilt the Cab down by the water U can see the ****************in DENT it made! With the waves coming off it and Everything ****************!!!!! NOwadays they all play in there Dens and home bars or watever kind of **************** they get up to

Comment

**************** you bob

Comment

I love non reverse Firebirds and vibratos but do not find that aesthetically pleasing.
        PDY: The new forum where pages don't take forever to load.

"With print you substitute an ear for an extra useless eye." MES

Originally Posted by zero=infinity

I have been forced to register after years of lurking. This is truly epic.

I'm from Waukesha, currently living in Milwaukee. Where does this **** live??

I want this to make national news.

Comment

Wow that looks great, Bob! I also love the wiring (though I could live without the push pull.) I'm a fan of simple wiring, I tried to wire my Tele Custom to have 1 volume for each pickup, then a master tone, and no switch. Simple. But I ****************ed it up somehow When I get a new bridge pup I'll have to look into it.
          http://rosecassidy.bandcamp.com

Comment

Wow that looks great, Bob! I also love the wiring (though I could live without the push pull.) I'm a fan of simple wiring, I tried to wire my Tele Custom to have 1 volume for each pickup, then a master tone, and no switch. Simple. But I ****************ed it up somehow When I get a new bridge pup I'll have to look into it.
            http://rosecassidy.bandcamp.com

Comment

Sexy. I kinda wish more 3 pickup guitar were wired that way too. Sounds cool. So there's no pickup selector at all, and you just blend in each with the vol knobs?
              Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

Nice guitar Robert.

Good deals: I've had 'em.

Originally Posted by LSDis4me

Drugs are bad.

Comment

no sir.

You ahve acheived hats-on-zebras coolness.

Next up: the right hats on the zebras.
                  Blind Doc Jones' Pickles....Cures What Ails Ya

Comment

Sexy. I kinda wish more 3 pickup guitar were wired that way too. Sounds cool. So there's no pickup selector at all, and you just blend in each with the vol knobs?

Switch is obscured by the Vibrola's handle - you can see the two mounting screws.

Comment

Switch is obscured by the Vibrola's handle - you can see the two mounting screws.

Ahhh I see, that makes more sense
                      Love,Dustinhttp://peendubya.freeforums.org

Comment

Sexier than that awkward Bean.
                        Donate musical instruments to inner-city kids.

Comment

no sir.

You ahve acheived hats-on-zebras coolness.

Next up: the right hats on the zebras.

meh, this guitar has zero "investment" value--so i wasn't concerned with getting exactly the correct short vibrola. i always liked the looks of the longer lyre ones.

Comment

also, i'm surprised non reverse firebirds don't get more love--especially from the offset lovers around here.

It's not an offset.

Vibrolas look great. How well does it stay in tune?

Comment

It's not an offset.

Vibrolas look great. How well does it stay in tune?

how is it not an offset?

stays in tune great--i have zero issues with vibrola's staying in tune. in fact i think they're the second best trem system (2nd only to the JM/jag trem). i think people that have trouble with vibrola's either aren't doing it right (ie dive-bombing) or have nut issues. as long as you lube the nut and saddle grooves, you should have zero issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X