Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Sacrifising two electrics for a new acoustic gtr?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protest singers play them.

But only the best ones

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm e-mailing the store, cause apparantly the guitar has a crack on the side, which is supposed to be beautifully repaired my a skilled professional and all...But still, the $200 discount doesn't seem so spectacular anymore, at least not when I compare it to the price of a new one. I'm gonna see if they can mail me a pic, and if they'll willing to come down with that price a bit, but I don't expect much from a big store like this one.

I'd have to get rid of a couple electrics anyway, so it's probably not a bad idea to just look for a used one instead...

Comment

Which guitars will you be sacrificing?

Comment

For just a $200 savings I'd get a new one. Like someone mentioned above, the lifetime warranty would be a big selling point for me. When you're dealing with solid woods getting a crack is always going to be a possibility.
          Grind
          http://soundcloud.com/thekraken

Comment

Which guitars will you be sacrificing?

Not even sure yet, but I guess it'd make most sense to get rid of one of my tele's, and the Les Paul Jr lite which hardly ever play lately...

Comment

Beautiful guitar - I would go for it.
              ****************, I haven't touched my electrics in about 6 or 7 months.
              ... puppets jerking on their strings ...

Comment

I got a 000-15M and I'm in love with it. I don't think you'll regret it. But I dig the mahogany gits.

Comment

Sorta similar...

I've ALWAYS wanted a G&L ASAT Special - ever since I first heard one played on stage, that was a dream guitar. Well, I didn't have enough money for one, so I had just gotten 2 cheaper guitars (over time). They were great guitars in there own right, but they just never got played. Anytime I reached for one, I always grabbed my Benford DC; it just sounded and played better than either my Reverend Flatroc or Benford Tele. It was also 3x the cost of either of them, and worth every penny. So I decided I needed to finally get my ASAT. I ended up finding a GREAT deal on a 'used' Special on EBay, and after selling both the Reverend and Tele, they both paid for the cost of the ASAT, and now I've got 2 dream guitars as opposed to 1 dream guitar and 2 good guitars.

So if you've got a couple guitars you rarely or never play and you've got the opportunity to get a dream guitar - go for it. You won't regret it.
                  Guitars. Pedals. Amps.
                  deals: bradino, neatobassman, Used666, juri, echodeluxe, aporcelainsky, Crxsh, -Andrew-, notjonahbutnoah... and lotz moar

Comment

Oh and I agree - when you find THE acoustic, it's the last one you'll ever want/need. That's how I feel about my Larrivee OM-03R - perfect guitar.
                    Guitars. Pedals. Amps.
                    deals: bradino, neatobassman, Used666, juri, echodeluxe, aporcelainsky, Crxsh, -Andrew-, notjonahbutnoah... and lotz moar

Comment

Working...
                    X