Benado Effects

caeman

• Members

Benado Effects

http://www.benadoeffects.com/

I was perusing through the September 2012 edition of Premier Guitar and making notes of things that seemed interesting for later research. One of them was Benado Effects, and specifically because of the option they are doing of combining their pedals into multi-effect units.

AR Jazzy Blues

benado_pf_001.jpg

It is difficult to hear things well in NAMM videos, but here they talk about this one.

Anyone here with any experience with this company?

• Members

well once you have it on a board, transport of multiple single pedals is just as simple. and cables...meh...you set them up once and youre good to go. and what if you decide you dont like one of the effects after all, then youre screwed because you cant just sell that one effect off and replace it with something else.

and that price tag is ridiculous

• Members

well once you have it on a board, transport of multiple single pedals is just as simple. and cables...meh...you set them up once and youre good to go. and what if you decide you dont like one of the effects after all, then youre screwed because you cant just sell that one effect off and replace it with something else.

and that price tag is ridiculous

It is high, but $1250 /5 pedals plus an a/b box is about $250/effect. Not great, but not unheard of in the boutique world. My guess is resale would plummet though. Overall, it has little appeal to me. I think its market is pretty limited too.

• Members

Yeah, it's like this weird extraneous middle ground between multi fx processors and single pedals.

Multi FX processors are cool because you've got thousands of FX in one box. Single stomps are cool because it's one little box for one sound. Easy to change out, simple as pie to use.

Now you've got these frickin things that take up the space of a multi fx, and have all the limitations, but none of the advantages of single stomps. So you like the delay and drive, but get tired of the verb. WHOOPS!

I think two drive pedals in one box is about the limit of practical dual stomp boxes. Like a TS and a Rat, or a TS and a Muff. Something like that. But these three/four different effect boxes like this and the Tone Tattoo are just silly if you ask me. No one is that decisive. Especially not a musician.

Then, when you're done with it, have fun selling it. It will be a stroke of luck.

I mean I have no idea about the sound of the actual pedals, I'm sure they're great, but this build style just seems very impractical to me. YMMV.

• Members

Yeah, it's like this weird extraneous middle ground between multi fx processors and single pedals.

Multi FX processors are cool because you've got thousands of FX in one box. Single stomps are cool because it's one little box for one sound. Easy to change out, simple as pie to use.

Now you've got these frickin things that take up the space of a multi fx, and have all the limitations, but none of the advantages of single stomps. So you like the delay and drive, but get tired of the verb. WHOOPS!

I think two drive pedals in one box is about the limit of practical dual stomp boxes. Like a TS and a Rat, or a TS and a Muff. Something like that. But these three/four different effect boxes like this and the Tone Tattoo are just silly if you ask me. No one is that decisive. Especially not a musician.

Then, when you're done with it, have fun selling it. It will be a stroke of luck.

I mean I have no idea about the sound of the actual pedals, I'm sure they're great, but this build style just seems very impractical to me. YMMV.

exactly.

• Members

It is high, but $1250 /5 pedals plus an a/b box is about $250/effect. Not great, but not unheard of in the boutique world. My guess is resale would plummet though. Overall, it has little appeal to me. I think its market is pretty limited too.

yea, resale would be shiite. could probably sell that for like 300 bucks tops

Archived