AC15: Tell me about them

Faldoe

• Members

Wrote a long post, unfortunately my router must've dropped it.

Are we talking about the AC15c1 here? Used, should be around $400 - $475 if in good condition, and maybe with new tubes. Great amp, versatile enough for smaller venues, still usable at home. Quite loud at 15w if you want it to be. Very good cleans, just back off the preamp gain. Takes pedals well, better than some suggest, in general avoid TS types, and go with a transparent drive like a Timmy or the Mayflower. Fuzzes work well too if the amp isn't too overdriven. The onboard tremolo is pretty good, the reverb is kinda meh.

Overall really good value for what you get.

• Members

I bought mine for $300, it needed about $13 worth of parts to fix it. I have seen them for $350-400 all the time on CL. Decent amp, it's been gigged to death, and still keeps going. I have changed the tubes (JJ's)and the speaker (weber blue ceramic). My only issue, is its a little heavy for a 15 watt amp.

• Members

There is also an AC15c2, which has 2 of the greenback speakers, and the reverb unit from the AC30. Always thought this would be a bitching amp. Sometimes on ebay, there is a dealer that sells them for not much more than the AC15c1. Would definitely be heavier though, if that's an issue for folks.

Archived