Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC15: Tell me about them

caught my interest. Who has one? Fair price for one used with G12h30?
    Decolonize

Do you have a specific AC15 model in mind?

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

caught my interest. Who has one? Fair price for one used with G12h30?

nah he wants 550 for that one. already called him
      Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

Wrote a long post, unfortunately my router must've dropped it.

Are we talking about the AC15c1 here? Used, should be around $400 - $475 if in good condition, and maybe with new tubes. Great amp, versatile enough for smaller venues, still usable at home. Quite loud at 15w if you want it to be. Very good cleans, just back off the preamp gain. Takes pedals well, better than some suggest, in general avoid TS types, and go with a transparent drive like a Timmy or the Mayflower. Fuzzes work well too if the amp isn't too overdriven. The onboard tremolo is pretty good, the reverb is kinda meh.

Overall really good value for what you get.

Comment

I bought one last night lol
          good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

Originally Posted by Naterel

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
          soundcloud
          facebook

Comment

I bought mine for $300, it needed about $13 worth of parts to fix it. I have seen them for $350-400 all the time on CL. Decent amp, it's been gigged to death, and still keeps going. I have changed the tubes (JJ's)and the speaker (weber blue ceramic). My only issue, is its a little heavy for a 15 watt amp.
            ******For Sale*******ZVEX SHODanelctro Cool Cat Chorushttp://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Effects/ZVEX-EQD-Tremolo-midi-pedal-etc/m-p/35322845#U35322845

Comment

I love my AC15 Heritage Head. I got it for a little under $500 for a floor model. I already had a cabinet, so I'm happy. That said, I'd pickup a Heritage 1X12 cab in a heartbeat if I could find one.
              Originally Posted by mdrake34

I still don't know what the **************** a haunting mids is, but what I do know is that I have never seen such an assortment of sandy, stinky, sopping wet vaginas e-assembled in one place in my life. It's like 300 The Decision-era Lebron's fighting over fuzz pedals.

Comment

I bought one last night lol

nice!
                Decolonize

Comment

you sure? There are two ads - one for $375 with the g12, and then 550 for some Alnico in it..

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/3186546141.html

oh huh okay. dang. well, thats a custom classic and i hated that version. the new version is incredible sounding.
                  Test Tech Wattson Classic ElectronicsEL KABONG wrote: I turned down $25 grand cash for gay sex.

Comment

yeah after reading a million reviews and watching every demo vid i could find I went with the new version (c1).

a lot of mixed reviews on the CC
                    good deals with: outxthexeyes, steve_man, Cake Bakist, loomer415, Faldoe, Tupelo Son, Zemmy, duderanimous, orangesix, rhcp311, ispunk, theguitarist182, jorhay1, LSDis4me, MattTele, Raintes, hclapp219

I dunno, my glasses were dirty from slider grease thats why my vision was blurry.

pretty wife
                    soundcloud
                    facebook

Comment

yeah after reading a million reviews and watching every demo vid i could find I went with the new version (c1).

a lot of mixed reviews on the CC

This is the extent of my knowledge on the subject.
                      Good Deals: Killing Nevada, navyjones, Jwando, Small Stone, Cake Bakist, futuresailors, 23cicero, somestarrynight, richey888, jimosity, stratedge09, Raintes, JMP2203, Attuma, Floodstage

Pain is your bodies way of telling you not to cross daddy

Originally Posted by RoboPimp

yup, part of growing up is abandoning any hopes and dreams and giving up on anything that you feel passionate about or makes you happy.

then comes years of waiting for sweet death.

Comment

I have a c1 with a Greenback. Love it. Both channels are great. Only thing I don't care for is the reverb. Trem is great though.
                        "People who don't like fuzz weren't around in the '90s, or else they were the kind of kids I didn't wanna hang out with back then" - thom

Comment

everyone is right. the reverb is just weird and not good.

found this though, seems to be a super easy fix: Vox AC15 Reverb Tank Mod

pretty wife
                          soundcloud
                          facebook

Comment

There is also an AC15c2, which has 2 of the greenback speakers, and the reverb unit from the AC30. Always thought this would be a bitching amp. Sometimes on ebay, there is a dealer that sells them for not much more than the AC15c1. Would definitely be heavier though, if that's an issue for folks.

Comment

Working...
                            X