Mojo Hand Fx One Ton Bee TOUR BOX!

BR4D

• Members

Ok, we're ready to do another Tour Box. I'll take the first 10 posters to volunteer (US Only for now, must have 100 posts or more).

Rules are simple. Keep the pedal for a maximum of 5 days. Email shipping and tracking info to me and the next participant when it's shipped. Please do not volunteer if you don't have time to try the pedal, post reviews, etc...

Email your username, real name, and shipping address to info@mojohandfx.com to enter.

Some info about the pedal:

Get your buzz on! With the One Ton Bee, were taking you back to the Golden Age of fuzz.

While the One Ton was inspired by the legendary Mosrite Fuzz-rite, it is no mere clone. We've tweaked the circuit and added our own 'mojo' while staying true to the spirit of the highly revered original. In short, the One Ton Bee will please any and all players looking for that gnarly, nasty fuzz of yore, yet need something a bit more musical.

Aside from the modern upgrades like true bypass switching, 9v DC jack, bright LED and high quality die cast enclosure...this Bee is all vintage and proud of it.The One Ton Bee brings vintage fuzz screaming into the now.

228563_10152057487595026_977249382_n.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I had some time today and recorded a demo of the One Ton Bee. But while YouTube is processing the video! I'll share my thoughts...

This is NOT a tame fuzz pedal. It's really aggressive, doesn't clean up well, and sounds like an angry bee --- and I love that about it. But while rolling the volume knob back doesn't clean it up well, it does change the entire character of the Bee with each little tweak of your volume knob. While I didn't illustrate that in this first demo (more of a straightforward "this-is-what-it-sounds-like" demo), I'll try to get to that before I ship out on Monday - definitely an intriguing point of this pedal. I've never used my volume knob to 'clean up' an overdrive pedal; if I want a clean sound, I just turn it off. But with the way the Bee interacts with the volume knob, I could definitely see a lot of potential there as that gives you quite a range of fuzz sounds.

Surprisingly it stacks really well with my Timmy and Prince of Tone; not a lot of fuzz pedals play well with others, and this and the LMMD are the only ones I've played with that fall into that category.

Like I said, it's a really aggressive fuzz and it stays that way.

Really cool pedal, Brad and thanks for letting me try it out!

Demo:

Archived