large pedalboards with cases/lids

echodeluxe

• Members

so, ive begun to outgrow my gorm, which is the smaller version. i want to get everything on one board (whammy and all) and i was wondering what you guys were using for larger pedalboard that have a carry case or a lid with a handle.

i had an skb ps-45 or whatever years ago and i really liked it, but even used they are like, way up there in price. i dont wanna break the bank but if im gonna be spending $100+, i wanna get something solid that ill use for a long time.

im looking for a pedalboard a'la Nels Clines. its a big board with aluminum valences that seems pretty good. dont know what the cost would be though. and none of those trailer trash etc boards with the lame cosmetics. just a plain ass one.

thanks d00ds.

• Members

Another thing to consider is gigging. If you're not playing out, get whatever you want. If you're going to be taking this thin around and beating on it, spend the extra money and get something quality. I always see used Pedaltrains on my local CL, so it's just a matter of finding one.

• Members

That guitar center pedal train is pretty affordable and a decent size... The PT1 I think it's called? I also think I just read that they upgraded the cases to fancy recessed handle/flight case type as opposed to the plastic suitcase that I have.

• Members

I had a Pedalpad board before and loved it. Not the one with the metal plates in it but mine had 2 hinged pieces and I had room underneath for a power supply and any always on pedals that I wanted to run. Had tons of room and it was sturdy as hell.

100_1189.jpg

• Members

i've been using a Gator Power Tote (large model) and it comes with EVERYTHING, and costs around 90 bucks. awesome deal, even the power supply is great and silent, never gave me any problems. comes with cables, velcro, bag, all that good stuff. yeah, it's not light, but i definitely think i paid less than i'd be happy to pay for something like this.

Archived