Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Rack Delays, Post your favorites!

you know, the old Ibanez, Roland/Boss, Digitech/Dod rack delays,
    post your favorites and why.

i know the Vortex isn't too old, but i've always wanted a Lexicon Vortex

Others i like are the SDE series and the Ibanez DM series.

post your vids too if you have them
    Post Modern Southern Sonic Prepared Concrete Annihilation.

Also dick swabs suck. a lot.

good deals with: HazeFX

Comment

Lexicon PCM 42:

AMS DMX 15-80S

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

AMS DMX 15-80S

isnt that the one that makes the breakdown at the end of karma police?

mine would be the aria rex-100 and the boss microrack pitchshifter rps-10 reverse delay....
        OTHERWORLDLY. Psychedelic, Noise, Shoegaze.Joey Levenson on SoundCloud

Comment

The Korg SDD-3000 is great... I had one for a while. Great tone for a digital delay
          ******For Sale*******ZVEX SHODanelctro Cool Cat Chorushttp://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Effects/ZVEX-EQD-Tremolo-midi-pedal-etc/m-p/35322845#U35322845

Comment

I don't have many pics of mine other than in the context of the whole studio, but here's a list of what I do have. I love me some old rack delays.

Deltalab Effectron ADM 64 - has doubling and flanging as well. good for giving something a bit more presence.

Electrix Mofx Multi FX (x2) - The delay in these is awesome. You can assign them to pre selected frequency bands. Only want to filter the mids or the highs and the mids? No problem! It doesn't feedback really, but you can make it grab a loop in real time by popping it in and out and then maxing the repeats. Tap tempo too. twisting the delay time and repeats makes for some wild, warped out glitches.

Ibanez AD202 Multimode Analog Delay - Probably my favorite delay. Analog delay with modulation. It might as well be it's own instrument. I've used it as such at a few shows.

Ibanez HD1500 Digital Delay - Harmonizer, and Digidelay. I love that you can set a quick delay time on it, and then double and quadruple the delay time at the push of a button. Makes for some glitchy weirdness when you cycle it back from a long delay time back to the shortest setting. Sort of zippering effect. It is unique, and probably unintended...

Ibanez DM1000 Digital Delay - I bought this a while back for cheap, and haven't had time to plug it in due to my recent move. It should be cool though. Typical 80's digidelay with modulation.

Line6 Echo Pro Delay - great studio tool. I mainly use it for the filtered delay, or the echoplex model. Sometimes analog delay too.

Korg SDD-3000 - Used to use it on vocals ala Skinny Puppy. Worked great for twisting things. Has lots of unique modulation options. Currently non-functional. Needs repair.

Deltalab AcoustiComputer - Some freaky rack delay I picked up cheap and have wanted to fix for a LONG time. Has some very unique capabilities on it. Some day...
            —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

I don't have many pics of mine other than in the context of the whole studio, but here's a list of what I do have. I love me some old rack delays.

Deltalab Effectron ADM 64 - has doubling and flanging as well. good for giving something a bit more presence.

Electrix Mofx Multi FX (x2) - The delay in these is awesome. You can assign them to pre selected frequency bands. Only want to filter the mids or the highs and the mids? No problem! It doesn't feedback really, but you can make it grab a loop in real time by popping it in and out and then maxing the repeats. Tap tempo too. twisting the delay time and repeats makes for some wild, warped out glitches.

Ibanez AD202 Multimode Analog Delay - Probably my favorite delay. Analog delay with modulation. It might as well be it's own instrument. I've used it as such at a few shows.

Ibanez HD1500 Digital Delay - Harmonizer, and Digidelay. I love that you can set a quick delay time on it, and then double and quadruple the delay time at the push of a button. Makes for some glitchy weirdness when you cycle it back from a long delay time back to the shortest setting. Sort of zippering effect. It is unique, and probably unintended...

Ibanez DM1000 Digital Delay - I bought this a while back for cheap, and haven't had time to plug it in due to my recent move. It should be cool though. Typical 80's digidelay with modulation.

Line6 Echo Pro Delay - great studio tool. I mainly use it for the filtered delay, or the echoplex model. Sometimes analog delay too.

Korg SDD-3000 - Used to use it on vocals ala Skinny Puppy. Worked great for twisting things. Has lots of unique modulation options. Currently non-functional. Needs repair.

Deltalab AcoustiComputer - Some freaky rack delay I picked up cheap and have wanted to fix for a LONG time. Has some very unique capabilities on it. Some day...

great post, thanks!
              Post Modern Southern Sonic Prepared Concrete Annihilation.

Comment

Thanks! There's sooooo many out there for cheap that are really cool.

And that's not even getting into the tabletop modules or multi fx wih delay!
                —-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello, friend.

Comment

Roland SDE-330: tons of delay options--reverse, multi-tap, did all sorts of other things like chorus, pitch, flange, doubling, inverse and I had bought it for $100. I would still have it had I not decided to start a pedalboard. Does give a slight volume boost when engaged.

Lexicon LXP-15 II: Reverbs were its specialty, but the delays were pretty good, too. Excellent modulated delay. Sold it for the same reason as the Roland.
                  Anti-shimmer

Comment

not quite a rack so much as a VCR looking box, but the Boss DM-100 I had was ****************ing awesome.

Should not have sold that guy
                    check out my sweet dealzzz, I got tons of them

Comment

Got this for $50 and it goes into self oscillation....
                      Think it's from the 80s.

Comment

isnt that the one that makes the breakdown at the end of karma police?

mine would be the aria rex-100 and the boss microrack pitchshifter rps-10 reverse delay....

i came in here to say this - reverse, hold, and delay, pretty cool little unit
                        Also dick swabs suck. a lot.

good deals with: HazeFX

Comment

AMS DMX 15-80S

[/QUOTE]

Man, I'd love to have one of those. It's the one Martin Hannett used.

Comment

I think the one I have is a Digitech RDS 3.6 or something. Well worth the 25.00 bucks it cost me. I really like the doubling affect.
                            Cause sometimes the rhetoric don't go with the contents

Comment

I think the one I have is a Digitech RDS 3.6 or something. Well worth the 25.00 bucks it cost me. I really like the doubling affect.

The RDS delays are great! The 8000 and 7.6 are like a PDS8000 and 20/20 together in rack form.

I love the Vortex too...but I would love to have a Plugin version of it.

I had a 4 second Ibanez Delay, dd100 I think, that was pretty neat. The modulation was really wide, and I remember getting a neat arpeggio thing out of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X