What's yer take on the Golden Cello pedal

Frets99

goldencello.jpg

At $200, it seems like a one trick pony, even if that trick is pretty nice. I have one and really like the tone and ambience but, I feel the price tag seems heavy to me.

I know that a good boutique OD pedal can cost almost as much. What say you practitioners of the pedal arts.

that pedal cost more than most of your guitars frets99!

I know... :cry:

I was left with a deep ethical conundrum but.... I really love the OD on the pedal and having the perfect amount of delay for most situations was too much to pass up!! :o

• Members

I didn't really see the point for my uses. I'd rather have my OD and delay separate so I can use them however I want. If I really needed to turn both on at the same time, I'd build a true bypass looper to throw them in. Is the small footprint the main draw for this thing?

I have a "sit in" board with a 50-fuzz-delay and this would be great for me to make it even smaller. Not played one but will soon.

I'm also surprised it does not cost more. Seems to be an Eric Johnson in a box pedal...

...I kinda want one...

Cool pedal IMO, and considering it's a drive and delay in a single housing by a major boutique builder, the price seems quite fair. You're not too far off with the Eric Johnson in a box comment either IMO.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/docs/DOC-2568

Archived