Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's yer take on the Golden Cello pedal

At $200, it seems like a one trick pony, even if that trick is pretty nice. I have one and really like the tone and ambience but, I feel the price tag seems heavy to me.

I know that a good boutique OD pedal can cost almost as much. What say you practitioners of the pedal arts.
    Campbell UK-1
    http://www.campbellamerican.com/abou...erican_guitars

NEA Klon Klone
    https://www.facebook.com/NatickElectricalApparatus

Best Guitar Cable money can buy GUITARTEC REPAIR at Barnstorm Music 98 Main St. (Rt. 109) Medway, MA 401 352-4653

NEW STUFF FOR SALE! NOW WITH MORE FEELING!

Originally Posted by big_cat

hands down the most valuable forumite

Originally Posted by big_cat

I'm partly serious and fully erect.

Comment

no

Comment

Ah... just did a search and I see that you folks did an extensive review...

Nevermind.

(I love it!)
        Campbell UK-1

NEA Klon Klone

Best Guitar Cable money can buy GUITARTEC REPAIR at Barnstorm Music 98 Main St. (Rt. 109) Medway, MA 401 352-4653

Comment

that pedal cost more than most of your guitars frets99!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

that pedal cost more than most of your guitars frets99!

I know...

I was left with a deep ethical conundrum but.... I really love the OD on the pedal and having the perfect amount of delay for most situations was too much to pass up!!
            Campbell UK-1

NEA Klon Klone

Comment

its not for me
              I didn't come here to save whales, I came here to get laid and make rock 'n' roll

Comment

If you like it, and will use it, then the price is somewhat secondary. Seems like a really cool pedal, haven't played one yet though.

Comment

to me, it doesn't really seem expensive enough to cop truly authentic white boy blues tones
                  This MH -2 does not face the person in search of a beautiful thing such as the new article.
                  A lamp goes on and off at the time of on and off.
                  It works perfectly as much as it is surprised to be an old model.
                  As for the thing 30 years ago, it can't think of it.
                  -stagecostumejpsantabo, ebay scribe

good deals w/ Cadd99, jmgruber, onerailunder, bass_econo, hangwire, TweedBassman, letsgocoyote, bhmcc, pepperduck, Jumbo Fuzz

Comment

I'm also surprised it does not cost more. Seems to be an Eric Johnson in a box pedal...

...I kinda want one...
                    Good Deals: Killing Nevada, navyjones, Jwando, Small Stone, Cake Bakist, futuresailors, 23cicero, somestarrynight, richey888, jimosity, stratedge09, Raintes, JMP2203, Attuma, Floodstage

Originally Posted by Naterel

Pain is your bodies way of telling you not to cross daddy

Originally Posted by RoboPimp

yup, part of growing up is abandoning any hopes and dreams and giving up on anything that you feel passionate about or makes you happy.

then comes years of waiting for sweet death.

Comment

I am wanting one pretty badly. The drive portion actually covers a lot of territory
                      First Act Delgada/ Greco LP Custom/ Partscaster Strat/ Squier Jazzmaster/Kramer Striker>Pitchblack > WH10> Organizer > Fuzz Factory> Tonebender MKII Pro> STUD > Octavio> Whammy IV > V3 Big Muff; Super Hard On > Whetstone> Instant Lo Fi> PS3> Delaylab>AC30My Good Transactions

Comment

I didn't really see the point for my uses. I'd rather have my OD and delay separate so I can use them however I want. If I really needed to turn both on at the same time, I'd build a true bypass looper to throw them in. Is the small footprint the main draw for this thing?
                        Blakemore Effects (I now sell Dr. Scientist and DMB pedals in addition to my own.)
                        My pedal company.
                        Facebook page for Blakemore Effects

Comment

I didn't really see the point for my uses. I'd rather have my OD and delay separate so I can use them however I want. If I really needed to turn both on at the same time, I'd build a true bypass looper to throw them in. Is the small footprint the main draw for this thing?

I have a "sit in" board with a 50-fuzz-delay and this would be great for me to make it even smaller. Not played one but will soon.
                          Bob RIP 2005

Tommy RIP 2006

-----------------------
                          FOR SALE:

New in box AD-9 first $100 takes her home. Will trade for Golden Cello

Gonkalator 137.26

Modified Chandler Stereo Digital Echo (hate to sell this!) -----> $400.00

Comment

those are the exact tones i don't want.
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

those are the exact tones i don't want.

It seems the drive is wide open... I don't know many pedals I would run like that.
                              Bob RIP 2005

Tommy RIP 2006

-----------------------
                              FOR SALE:

New in box AD-9 first $100 takes her home. Will trade for Golden Cello

Gonkalator 137.26

Modified Chandler Stereo Digital Echo (hate to sell this!) -----> $400.00

Comment

Working...
                              X