Essential pedals: What are yours?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ya know, I just cant chose between the left and the right on the old Schwinn.

:eyerolls at thread:

hot chilis tubester, toaned down with a 12at or12au7 for the subtle preamp foundation

after that, everything has been cloned so there's no essentials.

just wait like the douchedom here for all prices to drop to the cost of a prisonworker's-soul-over-shipping from CashXin Bhey province.

:more eyerolls:

• Members

The two pedals that I almost always use are:

Colorsound Power Boost

Boss PN-2

Other favourites:

EHX DMM

Marshall Bluesbreaker (original version)

BUT... (after almost 20 years of playing guitar and having owned 100s of pedals in that time) I don't really consider any pedal essential; if I didn't have any pedals it wouldn't stop me from making music - as long as I had a nice amp (ideally with 2 channels and built-in tremolo) I'd be quite content.

• Members

Honestly, I don't think there are any I can't live without. I mean, I love my Fingerprint, but if it disappeared or broke and I couldn't replace it, I would make do with another fuzz I like, such as the clari(not) or the zoom ultra fuzz. Same with my reverb. I primarily use a Magicstomp, and I've got a load of cool patches on it and I think it's swell, but I could get by with a digiverb if I had to.

• Members

If I were to cut *my* board right down to the essentials for a gig, it would probably go:

guitar -> TC Polytune -> Foxrox ZIM (fuzzface / tubescreamer) -> Vox Delaylab -> amp

Dirt pedals are probably the most addictive, and seem to be the ones people get on to the neverending carousel over- I'd be using the ZIM as much out of practicality as preference- it's got two independent channels that I can switch out for a range of different dirts ("transparent" ODs, clean boost, TS-style, Muff, Fuzzface, RAT etc) as and when I need a different sound but it takes up only slightly more space than a 1590BB sized pedal (ie Little Big Muff) and runs off a standard 9v supply.

TBH, most people won't know or care what overdrive pedal you're using if your playing doesn't suck, so shut up and play yer guitar :idk:

• Members

I've been using modelers for the most part, but think a board consisting of the following stompboxes would meet my basic needs:

Korg Pitchblack

Fender Blender

EHX Ring Thing

Roland AF-100 Bee Baa

ISP Decimator

EHX Neo Clone

EHX Nano Small Stone

Vox Delay Lab

EHX Cathedral

• Members

lpb-1>ts9 reissue>into a good delay

since i bought my dmm xo hmm 3 or 4 years ago, i haven't bought any new delay pedal, but i have bought 3 or 4 others before which all went on and off for some time. but since dmm xo no change there anymore

Archived