O)))

ugh, sigh and harumpf
    Originally Posted by Inspector 71

I'm only framus in my own mine.

Originally Posted by riff ie

black hole complementarity, or, you won't feel a thing
    likewise...

Originally Posted by christianatl

I plan on riding my ****************sled through the ******************** apocalypse.

Comment

It's just one of those things that happen in a world where music isn't really valued... even by the people who made it. It's not a route I'd ever want to go down when it comes to music. Sure, if you've got a solid financial plan for an enterprise that has a hope of turning some profit, up front investment is a good idea. But a kickstarter to make some music? It's like a strange blend of holding your own talent to ransom, and begging.
      Originally Posted by telephant

Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.

UK based band;
      http://www.captainhorizon.co.uk

Comment

echod'd
        my band Bloody Mammals on facebook and bandcamp

Comment

If you take you're band seriously you'll seek a number of funding routes to raise capital, including your own pocket. If that's the ONLY thing they're doing, well - sticking feathers up your arse does not make you a chicken.

Comment

i rather play live and get paid and save that money for recording than begging on kickstarter.
            MY MUSIC: https://theshea.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Get a job you lazy bums.

Comment

i rather play live and get paid

Ah, you'd rather play live in the past then?

Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.

UK based band;

Comment

We get paid at every show
                  my band Bloody Mammals on facebook and bandcamp

Comment

We get paid at every show

Well done. I'd be interested to know what sort of places you play, how many people you bring and how much you get paid. And I guess what blend of music you're playing.

UK based band;

Comment

it's weird because all you really need these days is a laptop and some instruments to get your music out. after that, one would think you could either sink or swim based on the results.

but then, I went to art school and I know wannabe artists come up with all kinds of excuses. "well if we recorded in a studio or had better gear, we'd make better music or people would take us more seriously." or "we can't make a profit because everyone is file sharing and stealing the music of bands no one has ever heard of."
                      This MH -2 does not face the person in search of a beautiful thing such as the new article.
                      A lamp goes on and off at the time of on and off.
                      It works perfectly as much as it is surprised to be an old model.
                      As for the thing 30 years ago, it can't think of it.
                      -stagecostumejpsantabo, ebay scribe

good deals w/ Cadd99, jmgruber, onerailunder, bass_econo, hangwire, TweedBassman, letsgocoyote, bhmcc, pepperduck, Jumbo Fuzz

Comment

amanda palmer apparently needed over a million dollars to record whatever piece of **************** she wanted to put out. established acts using kickstarter yay!
                        We just spent $64,000 in that bar. We're going to have to get jobs, to cover up the fact that we rob banks.

Comment

Well done. I'd be interested to know what sort of places you play, how many people you bring and how much you get paid. And I guess what blend of music you're playing.

I don't know how Loobs does it, but I'd suggest approaching bookings agents.

They don't generally get discussed when this topic comes up. You can get between

Comment

amanda palmer apparently needed over a million dollars to record whatever piece of **************** she wanted to put out. established acts using kickstarter yay!

And apparently she can't afford a backup band.

youtube
                            soundclick

Deals: Tron Murphy, hangwire, renula, AimmarCair, Urinate Forever, ck3

Comment

And apparently she can't afford a backup band.

that's just fandamntastic. i guess if you're putting 5000 bucks up your nose every couple days...
                              We just spent $64,000 in that bar. We're going to have to get jobs, to cover up the fact that we rob banks.

Comment

Working...
                              X