[OT] By request of savethefuzz, my instructions for stuffing pizza crust with cheese

DukeOfPizza

• Members

When you are making the dough, multiply the ingredients by about 1.25 otherwise your crust will be too thin or your pizza will be extra small since you have to fold the crust over. Stretch your dough out like you normally would and once you get the dough the size of your pan, stretch the edge extra thin, about an extra inch around, this way you don't get a huge thick crust. Your dough should be hanging off the edge of the pizza pan. Now you can either uses shredded mozzarella or if you are lazy like me and don't want to pack it together, you can use string cheese.

1210016664-97912_full.jpg

Oh yeah baby.

Tear those in half long ways, then tear the halfs in halfs. You should only need two or three cheese sticks for a 16 inch pizza. Just lay those bad boys down and wrap the crust up around them and press it into itself so it sticks. I would advise doing this before you put down sauce and cheese and toppings so you know where your crust is going to start, plus the tall crust holds in the ingredients so you can get a semi-deep dish pizza going.

GL;HF

AMA about making pizza

• Members

Just got back from Rome, no cheese-stuffed pizza crusts there
:(

Lived there for two years and I just went back last year for a 10 day "eat"cation. Please tell me you went to Pizzarium in Prati / Vatican City... It is far and away the best pizza in the world. A very close second would be Pizzaria Est Est Est in Monti area of Rome.

A money shot of the Pizzarium selection the moment the Boo and I was there... I say this because for the most part the selection changes constantly throughout the day / season...

IMG_2648.jpg

We went for the Zuccini, ricotta, nutmeg and blk pepper, the eggplant, onion and parma ham, and of course the classic margharita with buffalo mozz...

IMG_2650.jpg

• Members
Lived there for two years and I just went back last year for a 10 day "eat"cation. Please tell me you went to Pizzarium in Prati / Vatican City... It is far and away the best pizza in the world. A very close second would be Pizzaria Est Est Est in Monti area of Rome.

A money shot of the Pizzarium selection the moment the Boo and I was there... I say this because for the most part the selection changes constantly throughout the day / season...

IMG_2648.jpg

We went for the Zuccini, ricotta, nutmeg and blk pepper, the eggplant, onion and parma ham, and of course the classic margharita with buffalo mozz...

IMG_2650.jpg

{censored}in yum

Archived