Obvservations after the start of the new Jools Holland series..

gambit

• Members

1 - Muse must have been listening to the intro of Thriller by Michael Jackson through much of the new album writing sessions. and too much disco in general.

2 - The singer from The XX has a really nice reverb sound. (what is it?)

3 - The Beach Boys are still {censored}ing cool. even if they look like they're out on a day trip from the care home.

4 - P.I.L sounded pretty interesting.. what the hell was thay guy playing? it looked like a sitar/banjo hybrid played with slide and distortion. :idk:

• Members

I'm enjoying the new Muse stuff. I think it sounds pretty cool. The disco song reminded me of Prince.

Nowadays The Beach Boys secret weapon is Jeff Foskett. He has an incredible voice and does all the falsetto parts. The songs are still incredible though.

• Members

4 - P.I.L sounded pretty interesting.. what the hell was thay guy playing? it looked like a sitar/banjo hybrid played with slide and distortion.

Didn't see the performance but your description makes it sound like it's one of these. How did they sound? I heard an interview with Johnny Rotten on the radio where he was talking about reforming an old side project and I've been meaning to check it out.

Edit: Just watched the video and yeah I think it is a Baglama, but with a pickup. That was pretty far out. Not sure what to think of Mr. Rotten's performance but I definitely dug the slide stuff.

• Members
only watchable in the uk
:(
and i can't find a play list who played what songs either
:(

will be interesting when they start broadcasting the new episodes in german tv

Here you go...

The Beach Boys - Do It Again
Muse - Madness
PiL - Reggie Song
The xx - Angels
Natalie Duncan - Devil In Me
The Beach Boys - That's Why God Made The Radio
Muse - Panic Station

• Members

Here you go...

Muse - Madness

PiL - Reggie Song

The xx - Angels

Muse - Panic Station

thx very much...

and muse madness is the song which reminds on georg michaels faith, the reason why i listened yesterday again to the original :)

• Members

You guys!

The first three albums were great. They were always derivative, but still made good music. Unfortunately, the last two albums have been {censored}e.

But yeah...Queen'd/U2'd

My opinion of all there stuff hasn't been the same since hearing.....

E0xc7TD6s7A

• Members

Here you go...

Muse - Madness

PiL - Reggie Song

The xx - Angels

Muse - Panic Station

Do It Again is one of my favorite Beach Boys songs. I reaaly hope they show this in the US.

• Members

I prefer watching Later online because you can just skip the stuff you don't like, instead of skipping through the channels waiting for mumford & sons or whoever to finish and something good to come on.

Did you see the 'golden moments' episode from earlier in the week? http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00ttbgs/Later..._with_Jools_Holland_Golden_Moments_249_Not_Out/

ATD-I performing One Armed Scissor still makes my jaw drop, but the best thing about it is when they finish and the camera pans to Robbie Williams for him to start the next song and he's just speechless :lol:

Archived