Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obvservations after the start of the new Jools Holland series..

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obvservations after the start of the new Jools Holland series..

1 - Muse must have been listening to the intro of Thriller by Michael Jackson through much of the new album writing sessions. and too much disco in general.

2 - The singer from The XX has a really nice reverb sound. (what is it?)

3 - The Beach Boys are still ****************ing cool. even if they look like they're out on a day trip from the care home.

4 - P.I.L sounded pretty interesting.. what the hell was thay guy playing? it looked like a sitar/banjo hybrid played with slide and distortion.
    Youtube Pedal Vids
    For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
    ToneFactor Nebular - £40
    Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
    Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

2) She used to use an RV-5.

Comment

I'm enjoying the new Muse stuff. I think it sounds pretty cool. The disco song reminded me of Prince.

Nowadays The Beach Boys secret weapon is Jeff Foskett. He has an incredible voice and does all the falsetto parts. The songs are still incredible though.

Comment

4 - P.I.L sounded pretty interesting.. what the hell was thay guy playing? it looked like a sitar/banjo hybrid played with slide and distortion.

Didn't see the performance but your description makes it sound like it's one of these. How did they sound? I heard an interview with Johnny Rotten on the radio where he was talking about reforming an old side project and I've been meaning to check it out.

Edit: Just watched the video and yeah I think it is a Baglama, but with a pickup. That was pretty far out. Not sure what to think of Mr. Rotten's performance but I definitely dug the slide stuff.
        JM>Fuzz>M9>Traynor YCV50

Comment

1 - Muse must have been listening to the intro of Thriller by Michael Jackson through much of the new album writing sessions. and too much disco in general.

Did they play their current single that sounds like a cover of "Faith" by George Michael?

Comment

i love jools holland tv show.
            MY MUSIC: https://theshea.bandcamp.com/

Comment

Did they play their current single that sounds like a cover of "Faith" by George Michael?

i think it was a different one.. it had a slap bass and disco beat.. i couldn't find it on youtube yet.
              Youtube Pedal Vids
              For Sale: (including special delivery in UK)
              ToneFactor Nebular - £40
              Line 6 RotoMachine - £46
              Good deals: Sikor, daysofspeed, joeyowen, melx, WAWbanks, Vince, woolyh, HeartfeltDawn, messiah, T3, dangerous dan, starsteam, Netstar, gae86, theboywho, Mike_Muse_Rage, SG-1, kpd78, AJ Nash, Vintage_freak, percyexpat

Comment

link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01n3nrg/Later_Live..._with_Jools_Holland_Series_41_Episode _1/

Comment

Dammit Muse. You used to be so good.

Comment

link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01n3nrg/Later_Live..._with_Jools_Holland_Series_41_Episode _1/

only watchable in the uk
                    and i can't find a play list who played what songs either

will be interesting when they start broadcasting the new episodes in german tv

Comment

only watchable in the uk

Hey we paid good money for this ****************!
                      Originally Posted by telephant

Tone is really half the argument. We both know ultimately it means nothing. Write a song. Write. A ****************ing. Song.

UK based band;
                      http://www.captainhorizon.co.uk

Comment

only watchable in the uk
                        and i can't find a play list who played what songs either

will be interesting when they start broadcasting the new episodes in german tv

Here you go...

The Beach Boys - Do It Again
                        Muse - Madness
                        PiL - Reggie Song
                        The xx - Angels
                        Natalie Duncan - Devil In Me
                        The Beach Boys - That's Why God Made The Radio
                        Muse - Panic Station

Great Deals With: sparkfriction, Elessar [Sly], WAWBanks, SG1, robw, eerock, deftoneboy, gae86, Army of Darkness, beexter, Robzilla, woolyh, ollenorin, gjhardwick, miffa 55, steinwand, digital, indigoguy, mr benn, silent-strat, chrispy108, Kayzer, jo_to_2, attic, uncle psychosis, Astatine, JBJ, red_riviera, Loobster, melx, gambit, ampman1989, TheBrainPolice, HeartfeltDawn, extremelybored, IvIark, CitizenErased, Jakkeh, garymcq, Jockman, ChrisB, Teleman1985, benmuky

Comment

Dammit Muse. You used to be so good.

They did?

Comment

Dammit Muse. You used to rip off Queen so good.

Fix'd

Comment

Here you go...

The Beach Boys - Do It Again
                              Muse - Madness
                              PiL - Reggie Song
                              The xx - Angels
                              Natalie Duncan - Devil In Me
                              The Beach Boys - That's Why God Made The Radio
                              Muse - Panic Station

thx very much...

and muse madness is the song which reminds on georg michaels faith, the reason why i listened yesterday again to the original

Comment

Working...
                              X