Good Mexican food in San Diego?

Faldoe

• Members

Bay Area Mexican food > San Diego Mexican food

I haven't found good Mexican food here yet. And SD is so much about chain restaurants everywhere. I haven't been to where Phil recommends.

What part of SD will you be in? PM me and let me know if you have any free time and want to meet. I'm near Poway. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

• Members

Bay Area Mexican food > San Diego Mexican food

I haven't found good Mexican food here yet. And SD is so much about chain restaurants everywhere. I haven't been to where Phil recommends.

What part of SD will you be in? PM me and let me know if you have any free time and want to meet. I'm near Poway. Sorry to hear about your grandmother.

Thanks for the offer duder but we're head back to the Bay after the funneral.

• Members

There are so many taco shops in San Diego and almost all of them are pretty good. You can't really go wrong where ever you go and you're always within a mile of one.

Pretty much not this. There are tons of taco shops, but I don't think they're very good. Perhaps these San Diegans haven't had the pleasure of eating Mexican food in the Bay Area.

For full disclosure, I didn't like my lunch in Juarez either.

And for fuller disclosure, I make the best Mexican food in San Diego. Also, the best pizza. But my lasagne skills have gone in the crapper for some reason.

• Members

As someone who's lived up and down the west coast: San Diego Mexican food is better than most spots in TJ, and the Mexican food gets worse as you move north, trust me. Good spots have been listed, and I'll second the statement that any taco shop you visit will hit the spot. It's more a matter of how much that particular stand will jack your stomach up. However, if you prefer to sit in a restaurant...

Casa Machado - right on a municipal airport, you can watch commuter and bi-planes landing and taking off while you drink micheladas and eat chips and salsa and hot carrots. Mmm kerrerts.

3750 John J. Montgomery Dr.

Ponce's Mexican Restaurant - popular spot in a hip area of town, so you may have to wait a bit

4050 Adams Avenue

Archived