Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RP1000 vs zoom g3 and g3x

I was thinking of getting a rp1000 for effects and 4 cable method. Being able to run time based effects in the loop, and others out front. I have been hearing good things about the Zoom g3 though, and was considering getting a g3 for now, and then replacing my wah, volume pedal, and boost with a g3x later. Good or bad idea? Pros/cons?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/primeholy

Originally Posted by decode6

Way to go primeholy, you've just killed Independent George.

Originally Posted by Arpanoid

I was meditating on the finer things of life and then I realized that PrimeHoly is the god of this forum. For real. no troll.

Originally Posted by eudaimonia02912

Just think: There must be thread ideas that pop in Charveldan's head, but which, after some thought, he rejects and decides not to post. Imagine how bizarre those ideas must be, if they don't even meet Charveldan's standards.

If you're 4 cabling your effects, I'd recommend a Boss GT-6/GT-8 instantly.
    Smooth deals with: duncan, the_bleeding, MrSandMan, 6StrngStrangler, mmmmmchina, gproud, Onehourlater, driverhasabomb, bluehuricane, melx, TheErosion, gschmittling, BrianPhase90, roaring20's, ibentmywookieFender Custom Shop '52 TelecasterGibson 2013 SG StandardFender Deville III 4x10Oh Henry! chocolate barsPedals n' stuffhttp://bearflagbearflagbearflag.bandcamp.com

Comment

Thanks Tom. Anyone else?
      http://www.youtube.com/user/primeholy

Originally Posted by decode6

Way to go primeholy, you've just killed Independent George.

Originally Posted by Arpanoid

I was meditating on the finer things of life and then I realized that PrimeHoly is the god of this forum. For real. no troll.

Originally Posted by eudaimonia02912

Just think: There must be thread ideas that pop in Charveldan's head, but which, after some thought, he rejects and decides not to post. Imagine how bizarre those ideas must be, if they don't even meet Charveldan's standards.

Comment

If you're set on using the 4-cable method, TVD is spot on. Not sure if the G3 would work for that, though if you're only using it for only modulation/time-based effects, run the G3 through your effects loop and keep your wah, boost and volume pedal through the front of the amp. Onboard dirt effects are all right, but the modulation, delay and reverb are well worth its price.

Now if you're choosing between the G3 vs. G3X, I found the G3X's attached expression pedal very cheaply made and not very responsive. I would stick with a regular G3, buy your own expression pedal. That's the only difference between the two.

Comment

I have an RP1000 and like it. Not crazy about the amp sims, but most of the effects are decent. It sounds quite a bit better than the Boss GT stuff I've heard.

Comment

I prefer the digitech too but it's really just a matter of preference, I highly recommend trying them out in person.

Comment

i have owned the rp1000 and loved it. now i have the gsp1101 and love it more, 4cm is great.
              strat strat tele PRS agile gretsch martin

WINNER HCAF BEST RACK RIG 2012!!!!!!!

fender blues deluxe > whitebox 212

Good Transactions: Dehumanize, Jimosity, Panther King, Vangkm, Ejendres, Killindux, Colejustesen, SDMFVan, twisty571, dolf

Comment

never playd zoom stuff... Digitech RP-series is cool for the money imo
                Good Deals with: CM1000, Hides-His-Eyes, HeartfeltDawn, Kayzer, kpd78, Neoflox, Sikor, SilenceSketches, Snufkino a. WAWBanks... !!"Sometimes you've got to stand out to fit in."

Comment

I've owned Boss GT-10, Boss GT-100, Digitech RP255/355/500, Digitech GSP1101, Zoom G3, Line 6 POD HD500 and so too much other stuff to mention. Out of all that stuff I like Digitech and Boss effects a hair better than Zoom. Digitech will give you more accurate modeling of effects included mimicking the actual controls on modeled effects vs Zoom and Boss who generally offer generic controls. Boss offers the deepest editing of them all. The G3 has the wildest effects of them all. For now I've kept the Zoom G3 and the Digitech GSP1101. If the RP1000 offered MIDI connectivity, I'd likely pick one up. Its a shame IMHO that Digitech has abandoned MIDI on all their floorboard.
                  Will Chen Trio | FrugalGuitarist.com | FG on Facebook | Forum

Comment

For the application you described I'd say the RP1000 is a good choice
                    "I used my psychic powers to investigate this and found it to be hogwash. I hate it when people make claims with no basis in science."

"If a problem is too difficult to understand the solution is to placate your ignorance with denial."

Tasty Licks
                    Secret Moment

Comment

The Line 6 M13 can work with 4 cables... I saw one for $275 last week used
                      ******For Sale*******ZVEX SHODanelctro Cool Cat Chorushttp://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Effects/ZVEX-EQD-Tremolo-midi-pedal-etc/m-p/35322845#U35322845

Comment

Working...
                      X