Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering the Pedals

I am sure this has been covered before but as a newbie to expansive pedal use I wanted any helpful tips on powering my array of pedals and the best daisy chain to use.

i have heard about the T Rex and Voodoo amongst others.

Any opinions here and across the pond would be grateful.

my pedal line is as follows:

EH holy stain, dod vibrothang, wilsons octave fuzz, eh memory toy delay, jim dunlop wah, akai headrush, joyo overdrive, daneelectro echo, digitech synth wah.

I am lookign to get a whammy and a flanger pedal to lighten it up

I put all this thru a Ibanez white amp head with cabinet.

Cheers

pedal power 2 has been trusty and reliable for me

Comment

one spot works fine for me, not sure what the power requirements are for some of those tho

Comment

Yeah, with more than say 3 or 4, I would totally go with a box like the PP2 or BBE Supa Charger. I ran a 1 Spot with like 7 pedals at one point and there were definitely some noise issues.
        Sometimes you follow your heart. Sometimes your heart cuts a fart. That's the cosmic shame.Charvel So Cals More Guitars Amp PedalsMy Band Site w/ Player

Comment

I have a BBE Supa Charger, DC Brick, and 1 Spot. Just ordered this Joyo 10 isolated output for $44:
          http://www.marcmart.com/joyo-jp-02-guitar-effect-pedals-power-supply-10-isolated-output.html
          To get the half off price, you have to add a Mooer pedal and the coupon code mooer132
          Check the Mooer Code thread for for more info.
          This sig space for rent

Good deals with: big Idiot, crowquill, DylanWilde, twanguero, big_cat, starmansam, christianatl, nd1377, gigant0r, cmog, SweetOblivion, GAS_KING, aussy, BHz_econo, light_years, WeStartToDrift, TheQuietWilds, seblo_15, loosegroove

Comment

I use a diago power supply, I'd maybe take a look at the Joyo power supply if I'm running that many effects.

Comment

I used the Voodoo Labs one, now I use the rechargable Sanyo one because I don't have to plug it in. Less hassle.

Comment

This guy, who's an expert on pedal power supplies, doesn't think the Joyo jp-02 is really an isolated power supply. Scroll down to Joyo for more info. http://stinkfoot.se/archives/808

Comment

isolation must not refuse us

Comment

Working...
                  X