Congrats all european forumites

• Members

If anything Hitler should get the peace prize for necessitating an EU in the first place.

Lolwut? The EU was formed in '92, wasn't it?:confused: As far as peace goes, we were doing fine the 40ish year before that, right?:idk:

Anyway...It's pretty {censored}ing cynical impo...

The EU big shots get to pad themselves on the backs when the vast majority of the tax payers in western Europe are suffering from the social crisis that those {censored}ers are largely responsible for:freak::mad:

• Members

The EU followed the EEC, which originated in the 50s and was a direct consequence of WWII which wouldn't have happened without Hitler.

Yeah I know, and I figured that's what you meant:p

Still though, I'm not sure that the EU had to follow the EEC, so I personally don't see it as a 'result' of WW2. The EEC made sense, it was primarly to regulate the manufacturing of weapons.

The EU took a step further, it was more about strengthening the european economical position.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'm not much of a history buff:lol:

• Members

The EU followed the EEC, which originated in the 50s and was a direct consequence of WWII which wouldn't have happened without Hitler.

Woah, can't believe I was actually right. I was convinced I'd mixed it up with the UN or NATO or some {censored}.

• Members

There's an excellent segment on today's Democracy Now about why it was a terrible decision to award the EU the peace prize. Particularly because of their support of austerity measures which have resulted in terrible living conditions for millions (but have been great for the banks).

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/10/12/european_union_wins_nobel_peace_prize

• Members

yea, the Nobel Prize is basically a version of the "Times Person of the Year" where you get a medal instead of a magazine cover.

Yeah, but winning a prize that big places a lot of responsibility on the recipient. They have a lot of peace to live up to.

Remember how Obama won the peace prize just for getting elected, then responded by immediately pulling all troops from Iraq and Afghanistan and closing Guantanamo Bay?

• Members

There's an excellent segment on today's Democracy Now about why it was a terrible decision to award the EU the peace prize. Particularly because of their support of austerity measures which have resulted in terrible living conditions for millions (but have been great for the banks).

http://www.democracynow.org/2012/10/12/european_union_wins_nobel_peace_prize

• Members

Hey at least you EU guyz don't have to choose between 2 dip{censored}s to be your fearless leader.
:)

Actually, we can do even better:

We never actually got to elect the president or members of the european council and the european commission, and since I'm not german, I sure as hell never gave my vote to Angela Merkel. Trust me, both the US and the EU are stuck with a corrupt system not worthy of the name 'democracy'.

• Members

Actually, we can do even better:

We never actually got to elect the president or members of the european council and the european commission, and since I'm not german, I sure as hell never gave my vote to Angela Merkel. Trust me, both the US and the EU are stuck with a corrupt system not worthy of the name 'democracy'.

The sad truth. :(

Archived